Pedal order /position when using switcher

What's Hot
lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
I have now got a Joyo PXL Live and a new board and need to set about putting it all together 

I realise without a switcher there is a general order for pedals to be in (generally speaking). With a switcher, in terms of where on the board pedals go, does it make any difference?

I know to the sound it makes no difference if the drives are at the bottom right, top left, mixed all around etc. But is there an unwritten 'rule' that drives should be all togertog, delay on the left etc?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5388
    Wherever you want. But you'll want to have your loops cabled in pedal order, given that you can't switch those around.  As in if you have a patch that uses loops 1,3,4 and 7 the signal path will be in that order,  so which pedal in which loop matters. Where the pedal physically sits on the board is down to personal ergonomics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    Snags said:
    Wherever you want. But you'll want to have your loops cabled in pedal order, given that you can't switch those around.  As in if you have a patch that uses loops 1,3,4 and 7 the signal path will be in that order,  so which pedal in which loop matters. Where the pedal physically sits on the board is down to personal ergonomics.
    That all makes sense - thank you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom