What treolo bar for a Yamaha RM-Pro II?

Hello - newbie here, so please excuse any stupid questions/poor forum etiquette!

Got an old (very old) Yamaha RGZ 621 that I bought at least 20 years ago (actually, it may be depressingly nearer to 30 years...).  Long story short, it seems the whammy bar didn't make it out the other side of my divorce.  I've looked everywhere I can think of, but can't find a replacement bar anywhere.  Is it possible to get replacement bars or is there a suitable alternative on the market?  Any advice gratefully received - I'm giving the guitar to my son and want to get it in working order again!  Many thanks!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11305
    Someone posted this link a while ago: I have no idea if it's any good.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14444
    Realistically, the only source of genuine replacement Yamaha RM-Pro II vibrato bridge parts will be another Yamaha RGZ series guitar.

Measure the diameter of the arm hole. Perhaps, somebody on this forum has something of the correct size to fit?

If the arm collar can be unfastened from the baseplate, it may be possible to fit a new collar and arm of another brand.

CharliesDad said:
    I'm giving the guitar to my son and want to get it in working order again.
    Worst case scenario, stabilise the vibrato with a Tremol-No device.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • baldybaldy Frets: 195
    I rang up Yamaha a few months ago to enquire about the availability of some replacement parts for a 26 years old RGX.
    Not only did they have the parts I needed they sent them to me FOC.
    I rang Yamaha Guitar Workshop tel: 02074324408
  • Thanks all for the responses! (Lost my login details, so been slow in picking them up...). 

Thats a great help - I’ll give it a go