Fender or Levys strap?

What's Hot
VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
Hi

Been meaning to get a strap for my Strat for ages and keep putting it off. Then I get a £10 voucher from EBay so it spurs me on to decide and get one bought as the voucher is only valid for a couple of days. 
Narrowed it down to a Levys or Fender suede strap. Both about the same price, both black. Few people seem to have commented on the Levys one being a little short. 
I know it’s just a black strap, but even so, any thoughts/ experiences??
Have always played sitting down but need a strap going forwards. Also, can you leave them on when the guitar is in a flight case??
Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 304
    Levy's straps are good, particularly the padded ones. Personally, I'd go for a better quality one as they last a long time. I take mine off before putting the guitar in it's case, but not if using a gig bag. It partly depends on how much space you have in your flight case.
  • rossirossi Frets: 1734
    I think some Fender straps are Levy .
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28382
    I like levy straps best personally in terms of functionality. All my guitars have them, although not suede ones
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11709
    I leave the strap on my Strat its case.  Mine is a black suede Levy's ones.  Padded straps are thicker and can't always be left on in the case.
  • VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    Thanks chaps.  I was thinking that the suede one would be easier to leave on when the guitar is in the flight case as it is slimmer than the leather ones.
    No issues with the length of the Levys ones that anyone has mentioned so maybe its a non-issue.
    Cheers
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    I just got some Earnie Ball Polypro straps for £4 ea and they are surprisingly good, and easily fit inside a case, which is good as I fitted those rubber strap locks too.

I'm looking for a Levys strap for my bass, and I've noticed the prices shoot up and down quite a bit in the Amazon international store.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5212
    Just make sure the one you buy is long enough. If you don’t have another strap already, get a bit of string or something to work out what length strap you’d need for the guitar, with you standing up, and buy accordingly. Buying a strap that’s too short to use is very annoying!
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34299
    Heistercamp are better than both but Levys are pretty good.
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

I received a Levys for Christmas and it is fantastic.

Got a Fender Roadworn strap at the weekend and it's obviously a lot softer and worn in so it fits in the flightcase a lot easier.

If you get straplocks then removing the strap and replacing it without stressing the eyelets is easier.

(As mentioned above Heistercamp are lot more exclusive, more expensive and more of an over all experience)

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11709
    Heistercamp are great.  Definitely a step up from Levys (or anything else I've used), but the OPs Feebay voucher limits him to stuff that is on Feebay.
  • VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    Thanks.  Fender Roadworn is an option that I'm looking at too.  Good idea re measuring requirements first - will do.