Comments

• I never wanted to have a job where I had to commute,

me neither, although I've had a few ATMs
    Christ dude.... TMI.

Bye!

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I am .... contented.

I wanted to get married and have kids. Seemed unlikely as I repelled girls at 30 paces in my youth. Got married, it has been both great and frustrating/difficult. 25 years and still going though. Had a shedload of kids, they haven't all worked out like I had hoped thus far, but there are much worse scenarios.

Got a job that I love and that pays well, been there 29 years.

We have enough money that we don't have to count pennies, enough for the odd luxuries but nothing mad. It is OK, I don't need a lot. If I won the lottery I'd give most of it to my kids. 

Sometimes I wish that I had a more intellectually stimulating existence. My best pal moved to the US 18 years ago. We used to have 6-8 hour conversations. I remember once in the 90s he dropped by to show me the 'perfect' teaspoon. He had bought it for £16. It was a thing of perfection, but mrs A just screwed her face up and said You paid £16 for one spoon!?!?! The aesthetics were right over her head. I miss an appreciator of aesthetics, of concepts, of random ideas, of science and innovation. 

My biggest frustration is that I didn't do anything with music. 

Oh well, at least I'm contented.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15544
    I was just wondering how you could spend £16 on a spoon, but then I realised all that high end marketing don't come cheap. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • agibboagibbo Frets: 102
    To compound my contemplation on life, I had a shit stressful day at work today (which I really didn't need) and I'm working all weekend too!

But swings and roundabouts and all that, the Mrs newly divorced friend is staying over at ours tomorrow night after they have been for a girly night out, so the threesome that I always wanted, but never had is more of a possibility than it's ever been! I'm pinning my hopes on the 0.01% chance of it happening. A man has to have some hope, lol!
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited March 2019
    from school my first real aspirational hope was getting a job in the Labs my Father used to have to go in to conduct surveys, where the Head Tech said that they would be interested in giving me a job if I got my science O Levels - the pay in 1975 was £3k. I thought "Ooeer - I could by a Mercedes  230SL in no time at that rate!"

Reality - I started in the aviation Labs at International Paint a year later on a salary of £1750. Within 2 years I had a brand new MGB Roadster.

Whilst at this job I did the footie pools, as a guy there was an agent for Littlewoods - the modern day lottery. We all daydreamed 'what if' we won the £100k jackpot that week - mine was buy a cottage in the country with no mortgage and retire early.

21 years later I did just this but I never won anything on the pools or other!

Along the way I missed a few milestones but ended up at the goal regardless. I may be be 'cash poor' but am time rich.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited March 2019
    Snags said:
    I was hoping there'd be more shagging, rather than just constantly being shagged.
    Hahaha D 

I "sacrificed" my younger years and "did things right," I guess. Always had goals to work toward but these days I do find myself asking "what do I want?" 

It's difficult as I now have an autistic step-daughter to take care of, so I can't just do whatever I want. 

My years with Sheena were my happiest. Just being loved by her and loving her back was "enough." Most things are a shade of grey compared to that now. 

I'm glad I grafted, stayed at home until approximately age 29, saved, got the job, house, car, got married etc. It's set me up well yet now that I've got breathing space in life, I don't know what to do with myself. I feel quite tired a lot. I've always been a "creator" in terms of what I do in my career and in terms of personal interests (guitar) as opposed to a "consumer" - a little consumerism can be a comfort but it's not "satisfying." Hoping to get a second wind and clearer vision at some point!

Life is definitely best shared.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    edited March 2019
    I always imagined that I will sit in a cosy rocking chair  when I'm old..smoke pipe while grandchildren play around...
    Now I'm approaching 35 - I'm working my ass off since 20s, renting in south UK and 12 months ago I went through a breakup of 9yr relationship. Atm things are looking the exact opposite to what I imagined, though I'm having the most freedom and the best sex (and the kind I've only heard about before) that ever before... I'm happy today but it's not as I what I though my life will be... I'm still confused when I think about it and generally feel like I'm underachieving... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom