SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gone (though not very far): 2014 Fender ’63 Dealer Select Strat, Fiesta Red, rosewood, £1450

What's Hot
barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 634
edited March 2019 in Guitars £
Management has finally agreed we can have a ‘sensible’ classic car, but to get something I actually want, I’ll have to be a grown-up and part with some much-loved toys. (See also: as-new ’68 Custom Princeton Reverb.)

This is a 2014 Limited Edition ’63 Dealer Select Strat ordered by Coda:
– NOS Fiesta Red finish
– ’60s oval C neck w/ rosewood round-lam board, narrow-spaced dots, spaghetti headstock logo and Limited Edition decal
– 9.5” radius and 21 medium-jumbo frets
– Mint green scratch plate and Custom ’65 pickups
– Vintage tuners and bridge with ashtray cover
– Weighs 7lb 13oz
– Cream case with red lining and Limited Edition embroidery, Custom Shop cable, cleaning cloth, additional trem springs

Price is £1450 (unless you want to offer more).

It has a darker, richer voice than the other Strats I’ve owned and I’ll miss it greatly if it sells. But I miss having an old car more.

Note that there are two errors on the Floor Traveller: the back of the neck is finished in gloss, not satin; and the pickups were wound by Josefina (see picture), not Abby.

Because I find descriptions like ‘nice condition’ unhelpful when I’m buying used, here’s an exhaustive list of blemishes:
– Very minor G– and B–string wear on the first few frets, otherwise tip-top
– The usual pick marks on the pickguard and swirling in the paint
– The numbers on the knobs are painted in gold. On the Volume knob 1,3 and 4 have lost their paint. On the first Tone knob, the same has happened to 1.
– The usual fine lacquer crack either side of the neck pocket
– 3mm nick to headstock under the Patent # bit of the decal
– Two circular dings, 4mm and 5mm across, on the bottom
– 5mm straight-line ding in the middle of the forearm area
– Two straight-line dings, 3mm and 4mm across, close together between the belly cut and the trem cavity
– None of the dings go through the lacquer, but there are lacquer chips to the rosewood on the underside of the neck (The lacquer is sprayed onto the back of the neck and edge of the fretboard, with the top surface of the board left uncoated.), presumably from a ring. They aren’t apparent in the hand, or to the eye unless you’re looking for them.
– There’s one black mark on the cream case, and the black leather is scuffed at the corners on one end.

I don’t want to post it, but furtive handovers in car parks are fine, and I’m happy to deliver to anyone who is reasonably close by. (I’m in Bedfordshire.)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4195
    That's bloody lovely and a bargain 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2531
    sweepy said:
    That's bloody lovely and a bargain 
    THIS ^^^
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 634
    Cheers, guys. Had a message asking whether I have the COA: yep, not missing, just filed away in a drawer so I forgot to take a pic. Here it is:

• AlexOAlexO Frets: 1099
    PM Sent
  • That's too cheap :-)
    Good luck with the sale, won't last long. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 634
    Probably – but I don't mind because my brother, spurred into action by the prospect of it disappearing, has decided he wants it and will give me first refusal if he decides to sell. So about as happy a parting as is possible. Sorry to everybody else!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Ooh you tease.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• Glad it hasn’t gone far, and perhaps you can always ‘borrow’ it!  I was interested but felt bad as its near impossible to find a Fender CS guitar at that price. A shame i just bought an amp or I’d be all over your amp...