Help Buying Lava Ultramafic Cables

What's Hot
lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
My board has been wired with Lava Ultramafic solderless cables for years and I've been really impressed. I have a few Evidence Audio cables but I now need more 
As I have more Lava connectors I want to get more cable but it's so hard to find. A few places sell the kids but I can't find any UK dealer who sell the Ultramafic cable by the foot. Anyone able to help?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1304
    Which Lava connectors do you have specifically? Tightrope?
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    Which Lava connectors do you have specifically? Tightrope?
    Yes
    You can use Evidence Audio Monorail cable with the Tightrope plugs. Should be easier to find than the Lava Cable cable. 

Lava Cable changed owners a little while ago and that seems to have affected the availability of their stuff.

My only tip for using the Evidence cable with the Tightrope plugs would be to maybe trim a few strands of the copper insulation wire before rolling them together and bending them back. When all the strands were there, I found it a bit tricky to get the jack locked on tight.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    You can use Evidence Audio Monorail cable with the Tightrope plugs. Should be easier to find than the Lava Cable cable. 

Lava Cable changed owners a little while ago and that seems to have affected the availability of their stuff.

My only tip for using the Evidence cable with the Tightrope plugs would be to maybe trim a few strands of the copper insulation wire before rolling them together and bending them back. When all the strands were there, I found it a bit tricky to get the jack locked on tight.
    Thanks, that's really helpful and will save me a load of hassle. I can get evidence audio cable for £1.99/ft (think that's the cheapest I can find) so thatst not too bad
    @Seziertisch I got a good deal on some more Lava plugs (£2 each) and got a load of Evidence Audio cable so I should be all set now.
    @Seziertisch I got a good deal on some more Lava plugs (£2 each) and got a load of Evidence Audio cable so I should be all set now.
    That’s exactly what I did with my board a few years ago. At the time I bought the plugs I contacted Lava about buying some loose Ultramafic cable. It wasn’t up on their website as a separate product. I got a one word answer back from the guy saying that it was possible but he never followed through on it, so I ended up going for the Monorail instead. They’ve worked great together.