Koch Jupiter 45 head- anyone use one in a real life situation?

It's a hybrid job with SS power stage. Anyone used one clean and unmiked with a full band in a noisy, good sized pub? Does it get drowned by the guy crunching a packet of Walkers at the bar?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I had a Jupiter combo and it was plenty loud enough for the unreinforced small pub gigs I used to use it for. You should be fine unless your drummer is an animal.
    I had a Studiotone XL too which was a beautiful little amp. Shouldn’t have sold that one...
  • Thanks! Actually I'm sometimes telling the drummer to hit them a bit harder...
    Any other thoughts anyone?

• kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1156
    edited March 2019
    I had the combo right after they came out. Headroom for days on the clean channel and super loud. I used to run the dim control flat out and my clean channel volume was at 9 o’clock, that was more than loud enough in my band. 

I never used the dirty channel. I just used pedals on the clean channel. 

Koch amps are very under the radar, the Twintone 3 is in my top 3 amps of all time.
  • Great stuff, thanks for your insights.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Agreed, Koch is a great little brand and probably underrated.
    One of the best live tones I ever had was with that Studiotone XL and a couple of Barber drive pedals... magic.
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    A friend of mine gigs one regularly, no issues with volume unmic’d at all. Sounds great as well!