Advice for acoustic gigs

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MikePMikeP Frets: 58
    I've used trance audio stereo pickup and pre amp. It really sounds very very good but I do think to some extent the pickup needs to be matched with the guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4704

I think the Helix Stomp is a great way to go.  Can load acoustic IR's and sounds great with the 3Sigma audio ones.
    I have an old Fishman UST and it sounds great, add a little reverb, studio preamp and gentle compression and there's no UST quack at all.

I've honed it more now, but this example was after 10 mins of getting the IR's and setting up a quick patch.  

The clip goes Dry, IR, Dry, IR

• Good acoustic into a decent desk with some nice powered speakers, job done. 
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    Put it through an analogue delay, very quiet setting. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1343
    Thanks again for all the feedback.

Ultimately my rig now consists of a Taylor 414 with K&K Pure Mini and K&K preamp. I'm running this into an AER Compact 60/2.

Managed to snag most of the above at bargain prices so not too deep into the hole and I've gotta say it sounds pretty nice!

Si