South West Jam - Factory Studios (Bristol) Edition - 8th June 2019

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6799

spark240 said:
    My 2nd Kemper isnt powered, so its cans only in a 2nd room unless we can find another powered monitor.
    I could bring an Atomic CLR if needed.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    spark240 said:
    My 2nd Kemper isnt powered, so its cans only in a 2nd room unless we can find another powered monitor.
    I’m bringing one for my ax8 so there’ll be another one there
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    mrkb said:
    Actually, because of roadworks, it looks like M1 , A42, M5 will be quicker.
    Aren’t you bringing Alnico from Liverpool way, or has he moved house?
    No he's not coming mate, so just me in the car 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Can we have a reminder of how many rooms we have and what equipment is provided in each one please? Is there a vocal mic, PA, house guitar amp and drumkit in each room? Looks like there’s about 15 of us still going so there should be good opportunity to jam.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    We have three rooms in total and believe only the live room has a drum kit (@roberty has kindly created a tab on the google sheet for the backline gear we have for the main room). @spark240 has offered to bring his Trace Elliot for the backline in one of the rehearsal rooms if we wish to create one?
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    mrkb said:
    Can we have a reminder of how many rooms we have and what equipment is provided in each one please? Is there a vocal mic, PA, house guitar amp and drumkit in each room? Looks like there’s about 15 of us still going so there should be good opportunity to jam.
    We have the use of:

The Live room - Main room to perform the songs
    The Lounge
    The Pole room
    edited June 2019
    fandango said:
    mrkb said:
    We have the use of:

The Live room - Main room to perform the songs
    The Lounge
    The Pole room
    Thanks, is there a drum kit in the lounge and pole room? They usually need people to bring their own cymbals if there is, but I’m not bringing mine unless there’s a kit available.

Looks like you’ve found good size rooms as well!

https://www.factorystudios.co.uk/studios

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    I did read in a PM way back that Factory charge £5 for drumkit hire (without breakables) - we do have a small amount of surplus, so could consider this if everyone thinks it's a good idea?
    Brocco said:
    I did read in a PM way back that Factory charge £5 for drumkit hire (without breakables) - we do have a small amount of surplus, so could consider this if everyone thinks it's a good idea?
    If we want an additional kit for jamming, I can throw my (pretty decent) electric kit in the car. Just needs plugging into the PA in whichever room. 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    Er, which of the two lesser rooms will have a P.A. in it?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7417
    Oh god it's this weekend lol 

I haven't been reading the threads sorry - do I need to bring an amp or can I just assume I'll be able to plug into something and get a basic rock sound with what's already arranged? 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Er, which of the two lesser rooms will have a P.A. in it?
    According to the website there is a PA and mics in all rooms. 

@TimmyO - the live room is naturally sorted. Based purely on what is on the Factory Studios website, if we want to jam in the two rehearsal rooms (a given I would have thought) we either need to bring gear or hire it to make this a reality. I know that we have the offer of a Trace Elliot and a (unpowered) Kemper from spark240, an AX8 & Cab from Vibetronic and electronic drum kit from Legionsreturns, but beyond that I am not sure what else people are bringing (beyond the gear pledged to the live room)?
    I can bring a bass amp and my Bassbreaker combo to use in another room but I suspect we won't be short of guitar amps. 

Given that I'm only on I think 4/5 songs and other people are happy to help out with recording I will definitely want to do some jamming in the other rooms. I'll have my Strat, R8 and Jag bass with me and will happily take a turn on drums too. 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    will happily take a turn on drums. 
    Legend! :)

The Google Sheet gear list suggests that @mart has offered to bring one bass guitar amplifier. Perhaps, if all those who have offered to bring amps communicate with each other, we can avoid either oversupply or nobody bringing anything because they thought that somebody else was going to.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    @Funkfingers - the bass amp from @mart is earmarked for the Live Room - @spark240 has kindly offered his Trace Elliot for jamming purposes
    will happily take a turn on drums. 
    Legend! :)

The Google Sheet gear list suggests that @mart has offered to bring one bass guitar amplifier. Perhaps, if all those who have offered to bring amps communicate with each other, we can avoid either oversupply or nobody bringing anything because they thought that somebody else was going to.
    The bass amp is the thing I'd most prefer to leave at home, as it's pretty big! I'm bringing an awful lot of my business kit already lol 

• martmart Frets: 5205
    Brocco said:
    @Funkfingers - the bass amp from @mart is earmarked for the Live Room - @spark240 has kindly offered his Trace Elliot for jamming purposes
    I am indeed planning to bring one bass amp (with a DI output). I wasn’t planning on bringing any other amps since it seemed like there’d be enough guitar amps floating around.
    Brocco said:
    It’s worth paying £5 for a drum kit, it’s not worth the hassle of setting up a electric kit which doesn’t sound as good.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Brocco said:
    Don’t basses just plug into PAs via a DI box?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1