Odd/unusual support acts you have seen

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 2974
    Recent Camel 'Moodmadness' tour, they played the whole album live then went off and came back on to do a set of mostly later repertoire stuff. So I saw 70's Camel supporting Camel, bit weird that. Think I preferred the support act. Never thought that could be possible at a Camel gig.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 908
    I've seen all sorts of avant garde nonsense supporting Sonic Youth over the years. Unfortunately none have struck enough of chord with me to remember who they were.

I did once see Muse support 2 different bands in the same week when I worked at Portsmouth Pyramid Centre.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • StageStruckStageStruck Frets: 102
    edited March 2019
    ICBM said:
    Some crap hair metal band I have no idea of the name of supporting Status Quo on the first Frantic Four reunion tour. Just why? Surely they could have found an aging 70s pub-rock band or something more appropriate...
    I seem to recall Toseland were the support on the first Frantic Four tour. They were sub Bon Jovi style AOR. 45 minutes I'm not getting back!

For my own choice, it'd have to be Transglobal Underground supporting Page & Plant on their 1998 tour. Pretty dreadful stuff, 1 hour of trance style beats with a tuneless female singer wailing over the top 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5383
    Oh you bastard, I'd blanked that out (Transglobal Underground)
  • pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    I saw Buddy Guy at Hockenheim in 2001. The other bands on the bill were Megadeth, Die Toten Hosen and AC/DC ... I loved him but he didn't go down too well with most of the fans :-)