Harley Benton Vertical 2x12

What's Hot
tbmtbm Frets: 585
Looking seriously at one of these. Anybody tried them? Decent value I know with V30s, but the brand gives me the willies. 

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4151
    I've got the regular horizontal one. Absolutely great cab. I expect plenty of folks here have one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 533
    I also have the normal horizontal one but sometimes I stand it on one end and it works fine.
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72572
    I've seen quite a lot of them. Absolutely no quality problems apart from the vinyl not being particularly well stuck down round the back corners, and the jacks are a bit flimsy.

The reason they're so cheap is not low quality, it's that a couple of stages of middleman have been cut out between the factory and the retailer.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Tat2dsteshTat2dstesh Frets: 193
    got a horizontal one that had the standard speakers, these were changed to emmience and wiring changed along with jack.. Great cab though.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7299
    Another horizontal owner here...its great.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782

I had the horizontal one too, it was great for the money, but compared to other (T390x) V30 cabs I found it emphasised the highs too much, and therefore sounded slightly thin and brittle.

One thing's for sure though, you won't find a better one for the price.

• HoarasaurusHoarasaurus Frets: 110
    If you're looking for a vertical V30 2x12, I've a Matamp one that I no longer have need for ....
    Lots of Nice Guitars, and not enough pedals!
  • gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 895
    I had one for a while - they're ply aren't they? Amazing value really, you could barely buy the speakers for what they cost.
  • This is gonna sound dumb, but what do they sound "like" - are they along the lines of a Marshall cab, or more Orangey, Mesa, etc.. ??

Bye!

• tbmtbm Frets: 585
    edited April 2019
    I've been told they're like an Orange with less heft. So they sound like  satsuma I guess.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72572
    This is gonna sound dumb, but what do they sound "like" - are they along the lines of a Marshall cab, or more Orangey, Mesa, etc.. ??
    I've only heard the horizontal ones so far, and from that I would say tighter and chunkier than a Marshall, and not as boomy as a Mesa - an 'Orange with less heft' is probably close. Somewhat of a generic tone in a way, not as obviously 'characterful' as those.

One interesting thing is that they come lined with acoustic damping material - I haven't tried taking it out to see what difference that makes, but if I had to guess I would say that might be responsible for the less characterful sound.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom