Line 6 HX FX - How's it going after a year?

KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
edited March 2019 in FX
So, Users/Owners, past and present, after over a year of the above being released, how have you found it? How do you use it OR/ why didn't it work for you, or did you go back to pedals or swap up for a Full Fat Helix?

I got excited about this product as it contained many of the pedals I had on my board, and others that I wanted, plus it could act as a command centre if I plumbed in a couple of my favourite pedals, which I always intended on doing rather than replace my whole board. However, I didn't commit to buying one and then the HX Stomp came out and I got even more excited about that, but then there were glitches, I saw limitations etc and I thought I'd wait, but I now find myself looking back to the HX FX again, especially as it handles Bass FX as well.

I'm particularly interested to hear from people that use it with other pedals and could you tell me, how many other pedals could I plug in and control from the HX? Is it just 3 loops and so 3 external pedals? @rossyamaha ;;

Many thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2459
    There are only 2 loops. If you were using a switcher, it can be routed to 3 loops (same with the Stomp) which is how I ran it originally. You could however have several pedals in each loop and simply switch them manually then a master bypass assigned to that loop. Also if you have midi pedals they can be in line and switched through midi to be on or off or have a preset recalled. You could even tell one HX switch to turn on a specific preset if you want. 

I still I’ll use the HX fx as my b rig or for real small stages. One act I play for requires about 3 tones so it’s perfect. 

My thinking when when I went to the HX Stomp was to have a board that could do everything and shrink my board down considerably which I now have. I traditionally run 4cm but can go straight in, direct, stereo, wet/ dry. Whatever the gig calls for or how I’m feeling on that day. 

Both have a purpose. It’s really a case of weighing up what you need or what format. I did write a fairly comprehensive thread on which Helix is the right one a while back. Might be worth checking out. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    Thanks Ross, I'll look at that