The 4 to 3 masterplan

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Surely it should be 4 to 5, always room for one more 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have recently bought a DGT and am going down to DGT + t-type. I am convinced (for now) that, that is all that is required. I prefer not to have stuff that is not getting used. 
    If there was some sort of trem lock for the DGT that might be all I need. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    Sensible plan that. 

Keep the DGT and “the strat” and flog the other two. That’ll pay for the strat to be sorted and leave some in the bank for something else down the line. 
  • steersteer Frets: 1188
    Let the kids put a massive ding into the Gretsch, and then you will not be so precious about its condition, and it will be safe to play and keep.   =)

My guitars live on a rack and despite having two kids, the only damage has been caused by my own stupidity. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11451

I'd keep the Gretsch if you like it.   Sell the Strat that doesn't hold the sentimental value.  That should fund a Mexican Classic Tele.  You'd still have 4 guitars, but that isn't bad by the standards of most on here.

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5273
    I have just gone down to one....so I would just keep the DGT and sell the rest and put it into a great amp, cos the better the amp the better the sound and the more fun you have, and it makes you play better
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    Reiterating what the others have said but, DON'T SELL THE STRAT!!!! A) It looks cool as fook B) It's got significant sentimental value C) You won't get a price you're happy with for it

Sell the US Strat and the Gretsch, and consider spending a little of that on a good setup for The Strat. Live with just the two guitars for a few months and see how you get on. If you still find yourself pining for a third guitar, then you'll be sitting on the spare cash* and will have an even clearer idea of what you want/don't want.
     Hell, if you love the DGT so much then I'd be checking out a Silver Sky asap if I were you!

*Assuming it doesn't get spent elsewhere!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17623
    tFB Trader
    Well the pickups have arrived and the strat is booked in for a fettle with a local tech.

Gold Strat and Gretsch are up for sale in the classifieds.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17623
    tFB Trader
    Strat is back from being fettled and I can't believe I've left it in a bad state for so long.

Such a brilliant neck and with new pickups it sounds awesome.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26601
    I did this, except it was 3-to-2.

I now have six guitars.
    <space for hire>
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    I thinks its a matter of finding the right strat. For a massed produced guitar they have so many iterations and variations  that its just a matter of finding or modding your one until it clicks as you seem to have done .I do do think that if you find the right strat  you just cant put it down  ,it seems to snuggle up and make you play it, but a wrong one just screeches and moans.