Redplate and soulmate help please

BarneyBarney Frets: 616
iv just got a t rex soulmate pedal that works fine with a fender amp i have but on My Redplate CDS2 it seems to peak the LED indicators and doesn't really sound clean because of that ..i use the same amp with a G system and its fine ,,,i was just wanting this for portability really, i put it in the fx loop of the amp cos i like the amp drive so really need it for delay reverb and boost ...has any body any idea why it would clip...i can't find anything to adjust the input level of the soulmate
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• exocetexocet Frets: 1963
    edited March 2019
    Barney said:
    iv just got a t rex soulmate pedal that works fine with a fender amp i have but on My Redplate CDS2 it seems to peak the LED indicators and doesn't really sound clean because of that ..i use the same amp with a G system and its fine ,,,i was just wanting this for portability really, i put it in the fx loop of the amp cos i like the amp drive so really need it for delay reverb and boost ...has any body any idea why it would clip...i can't find anything to adjust the input level of the soulmate
    It's a guess but I'd say that the Redplate doesn't have a buffered loop - rather it has a simple break in the audio path before the phase inverter stage. The signal level at that point is usually pretty high.

Something like this would fix it http://fuchsaudiotechnology.com/effects/tube-fx-loop/

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    exocet said:
    Barney said:
    It's a guess but I'd say that the Redplate doesn't have a buffered loop - rather it has a simple break in the audio path before the phase inverter stage. The signal level at that point is usually pretty high.

Something like this would fix it http://fuchsaudiotechnology.com/effects/tube-fx-loop/

Mine does. Which model is yours?
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    lukedlb said:
    exocet said:
    Barney said:

I have the redplate CDS2
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1963
    Barney said:
    lukedlb said:
    exocet said:
    Barney said:

I have the redplate CDS2
    I've just looked up the CDS2 specs, it does have a valve buffered fx loop. Sounds like the sending level is too hot for the soul mate. Are there no level controls on the amp for FX loop?
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    You could put a volume pedal in the FX Loop. 
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Perhaps a lower gain valve instead of the ax7 might help, though I don’t know if it applies to the input or output of the fx loop. 
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Do you know the specs for the Soulmate? If it can't take a line level signal it will indeed be too hot a signal out of the DCS2 buffered loop.
    hywelg said:
    Do you know the specs for the Soulmate? If it can't take a line level signal it will indeed be too hot a signal out of the DCS2 buffered loop.
    I can't really find a lot of info on the soulmate ...I'm starting to think it's maybe just going to work in the front of the amp ...
    exocet said:
    Barney said:
    lukedlb said:
    exocet said:
    Barney said:

I have the redplate CDS2
    I've just looked up the CDS2 specs, it does have a valve buffered fx loop. Sounds like the sending level is too hot for the soul mate. Are there no level controls on the amp for FX loop?
    No level controls no....I thought the soulmate might have had them but dosnt seem to 
    You could put a volume pedal in the FX Loop. 
    Yeah ....maybe something like a EH signal pan or something ...I have one of them ...I wonder off that would work ?
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31653
    edited March 2019
    I have a Morley FX Loop Corrector I no longer have a use for if you need one, it cured my JCA100 loop problem. 
    I have a Morley FX Loop Corrector I no longer have a use for if you need one, it cured my JCA100 loop problem. 
    Ahh....I didn't know there was such a thing ...how much are you looking for it mate :)
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31653
    I'll PM you 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9605
    I always found that the ‘effects loop’ in the CDS2 wasn’t meant to be used as one... I remember a chat I had with Henry, and him taking about the presence of the loop to do that Dumlator kinda thing - where by it’s very presence influences the overall amp sound.

Thus, the two volumes on the CDS2 are interchangeable and inter dependant...

Id love to own a CDS2 again :)
    @Barney - I’d just use the Soulmate in front of the RP
    @Barney - I’d just use the Soulmate in front of the RP
    Yeah I thought about that but I don't like the delays distorted iff that makes sense ? And off I used the drive the redplate would probs be better drive anyways 
    How are you finding the Soulmate ? Do you like it ?
    How are you finding the Soulmate ? Do you like it ?
    It's ok...it will be handy backup ..I prefer the G system though and it integrates with the redplate better...ie.. fx loop levels ..it's handy cos you can group Fx as a patch type of thing..the boost is handy as well....I could get away with it at festival type things where back line is provided ..