Warped pickguard advice please

Bought a new guitar with a warped pickguard.
Dealer is trying to source a new one from Fender, but as I wait, wondering if anyone has fixed this themselves (considering avoiding two shipping journey potential issues and repair time).
Dealers expense to sort, but as the pickguard has lifted up between two pickguard screws.
With DIY pressure to reverse lift warp...is this possible with high impact polystyrene pickguards?
Or is this a no hope solution?
Any experience here?
Ta Jon
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72447
    What model? Some Fenders - especially 5-screw Teles and 8-screw Strats - do this. That's why Fender later added more screws.

Others do it when the celluloid pickguard shrinks slightly - the top surface shrinks faster so they curl up. This is not fixable.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 395
    edited March 2019
    It' an 8 screw scratchplate on a brand new Ed O'Brien strat...!
    Ta for the message
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    I’ve solved this before with a heat gun and a flat surface and pressure.

Take the pickguard off. Place on a flat surface (I have a workbench and do the following on an offcut of ply). Heat it with the gun and place another flat offcut on top, weigh down with something heavy. Give it about 20 seconds or so and check it. If that doesn’t do it repeat. It should sort it first time though. 
    Thanks...will consider this...looks straight forward.
    Jon
  • FenderishFenderish Frets: 47
    beware, if it's a celluloid pickguard, it will shrink even more !!!!
    Sent the guitar back to the shop. 
    Wasn't 100% with it anywau but the delay in fixing due to Fender comms meant it was ...goodbye Ed O'Brien strat.
    Ta for help 
    Jon