Belated NGD: The Hydra

What's Hot

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Bloody hell! Impulse buy of the year?!!!!
    Impulse trade, dear boy.  Had a spare LP that was surplus to requirements and thought, why the hell not.  What better fun to be had on a six hour return trip? :D
    mgaw said:
    lunatic :)
    Flibble :open_mouth: 
    Wonky said:
    Stunning
    Was the first thing you played Stairway To Heaven?
    I DELIBERATELY avoided the mother of all clichés :)

'twas either Ramble On, or Hotel California :sunglasses: 
    Well that's quite something.

Isn't it missing tone/volume controls, or do the same set do both "guitars"?
    Innit, tho? :D

Same knobby controls do both guitars.  The switch on the lower horn selects pickups, as might be expected.  The one between the two bridges selects which 'guitar' is on, although you can have both on at the same time and get all sorts of weird sitar-like resonant effects from the vibrations of the one you're not playing.  Groovy, baby.

Need arms like a gibbon and the physique of Schwarzenegger to really let rip on the thing.  I'm working on it :confounded: 

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2169
    Good man lovely guitar congrats
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So you bought one guitar that's actually TWO?! That's an incredible way to bypass the one in one out rule! 

Love it. I tried the Epiphone version & REALLY wanted to buy it... The Gibson must be awesome, but I need both my kidneys so I'll have to wait .
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2890
    Looks comfortable to play. 
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    I cant believe how much I'm now GASing for one. That is so cool.

If you ever get the chance to actually weigh it, I'd be really intrigued as to just how much of an anchor it is!
    DrJazzTap said:
    Good man lovely guitar congrats
    Thanks! Saving me a bundle on gym membership fees.

So you bought one guitar that's actually TWO?! That's an incredible way to bypass the one in one out rule! 

Love it. I tried the Epiphone version & REALLY wanted to buy it... The Gibson must be awesome, but I need both my kidneys so I'll have to wait .
    Always wanted a 12 string, and never had an SG, so... ;)

this bugger appears to be made from a single piece of wood. Musta been the size of a Sequoia.

blueskunk said:
    Looks comfortable to play. 
    Effortless. I can’t believe that’s not butter :D 

terada said: I cant believe how much I'm now GASing for one. That is so cool.

If you ever get the chance to actually weigh it, I'd be really intrigued as to just how much of an anchor it is!
    Not sure my domestic scales can handle it. I’ll get my son to help me manhandle it into the Moansmobile and we’ll try the public weighbridge near Potters Bar at the weekend.

Shall I stick your name on the dibs list in my little black book? :kiss: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    JerkMoans said:

Shall I stick your name on the dibs list in my little black book? :kiss: 
    I think you're gonna have to ;)
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2176
    Haha. Oh wow. I've just realised that changing the 6th, 5th and 4th strings on the 6 string neck is gonna be a MASSIVE pain in the chuff. And likewise with the treble side on the top neck. There's no way you're getting a string winder in there?? 
  • SRichSRich Frets: 763
    Amazing score....well done. Just the thing to noodle with on the couch!............. ;)

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    Nerine said:
    Haha. Oh wow. I've just realised that changing the 6th, 5th and 4th strings on the 6 string neck is gonna be a MASSIVE pain in the chuff. And likewise with the treble side on the top neck. There's no way you're getting a string winder in there?? 
    Balls: I’ll have to raise my guitar tech’s wages :D 

In truth, never used a string winder. But yes I see your point about it looking a bit fiddly up there ...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    SRich said:
    Amazing score....well done. Just the thing to noodle with on the couch!............. ;)
    It’s got that grab and go portability :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    And in other news I got my son to help me drag the hard case onto the drive, where we are now sub letting it on a 6 month assured shorthold tenancy to a family of five.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5282
    excellent idea, that's the kind of joined up thinking the housing crisis has been crying out for..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mgaw said:
    excellent idea, that's the kind of joined up thinking the housing crisis has been crying out for..
    To be honest I think it’s pretty poor form. Family of five living in luxury with loads of space while thousands are homeless. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6713
    JerkMoans said:
    Makes me wonder how Jimmy Page, whom I do not believe to be a hulking brute, managed one of the things on stage.
    He was young and quite possible out of his blocks much of the time. Something you could certainly try, well maybe not the young thing, but certainly the other. 
    edited March 2019
    terada said:
    mgaw said:
    To be honest I think it’s pretty poor form. Family of five living in luxury with loads of space while thousands are homeless. 
    I deliberately selected a family of Schrodinger’s immigrants: simultaneously stealing jobs, whilst loafing on benefits.

The plush velvet interior of their new digs is the last word in opulence.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    merlin said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Makes me wonder how Jimmy Page, whom I do not believe to be a hulking brute, managed one of the things on stage.
    He was young and quite possible out of his blocks much of the time. Something you could certainly try, well maybe not the young thing, but certainly the other. 
    Sounds an entertaining diversion for the weekend. What would you recommend? Craft ale? Sauvignon Blanc? A pinch of snuff?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6095
    Don’t bother with a pension scheme, just have a few alcohol free early nights.
    Nice guitar btw!
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 784
    I thought 'Welcome Home' was a Peters & Lee number, so thanks for enlightening me King 85.

Go to 2.43, gives me the shivers.