NGD - Classic Player 60s Strat

BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
Don’t you just love a little guitar safari? There’s something very satisfying about a little road trip to pick up a guitar. 

After a bit of to and fro with the eBay seller on this, we settled on a price, and thus I found myself trundling round the Cotswolds last night after work to pick up this beauty.

2007 Classic Player 60s in Sonic Blue.  Currently sat at work doing absolutely nothing but thinking about getting home, cleaning it up and restringing it!

After dabbling with the Helix before deciding it wasn’t for me, I now own the guitar, an amp (Roland Blues Cube Hot) and a loop pedal. 

Theres something very satisfying about such a stripped back setup to me. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3399
    Happy NGD! I’ve got one of these in sunburst and it’s an absolute blinder.

Enjoy!
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    edited March 2019
    Classic 1 

• I had one of those...sold it...and then regretted it.  Enjoy it.  
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    Great buy! I bought a used one that’s probably the same age years ago and it’s a great guitar. I was playing it just this morning in anger, in fact.

I remember feeling slightly put out when I bought it as one of my other guitars was a US Deluxe Strat and the Classic Player, which I’d paid about a third of the amount I’d dropped on the US Deluxe for, sounded much, much sweeter and  was more enjoyable to play. The US Strat had to go!

Happy NGD. 
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Clecko said:
    Great buy! I bought a used one that’s probably the same age years ago and it’s a great guitar. I was playing it just this morning in anger, in fact.

I remember feeling slightly put out when I bought it as one of my other guitars was a US Deluxe Strat and the Classic Player, which I’d paid about a third of the amount I’d dropped on the US Deluxe for, sounded much, much sweeter and  was more enjoyable to play. The US Strat had to go!

Happy NGD. 
    I’ve heard a lot of people say this about the CP60. In fact the seller (after I’d bought it, so not trying to sell me it!) described it as ‘the best guitar I’ve ever had, and I’ve had the lot’. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6728
    HNGD I still have my sunburst 2006 model and it rules.  
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12413
    Had a CP50s, if it wasn't for the V neck I would probably still have it.
  • I had one of those...sold it...and then regretted it.  Enjoy it.  
    Ditto!!
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    Aye, what a beauty. I remember going for the Classic 60s when I got my first one many, many moons ago but I thoroughly enjoyed the CP60 too.

Does anyone know if the body is routed for HSS or SSS by any chance? If the former I wouldn't mind using one of these as a base for a "suhr on the cheap" at some point... :)
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
  • ADPADP Frets: 184
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they're SSS - nothing that a router wouldn't fix though. :)
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    I had one of those too, sold it as I have an AVRI strat but they are bloody great strats!  HNGD!!
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 846
    Looks great, I love sonic blue. Also nice amp: ) 

Enjoy!