Speaker Recommendations

What's Hot
ChrisCox1994ChrisCox1994 Frets: 368
Can anyone advise on a speaker that tonally sounds like a 12" creamback 65 but with a higher SPL/Sensitivity? 

I read from a few places the 75 version doesnt sound as sweet on the top end and the mids are harsher.

Amp is a Two-Rock sensor 22. 
https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2580
    tFB Trader
    Personally if I was fitting a Celestion to that amp I would consider the Alnico Cream, there have been a few up for sale here recently.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Two Creamback 65s...

:)

It will be difficult to find a speaker with that M-magnet midrange sound and a higher sensitivity than 97dB.

The H75 isn't harsher in the mids - the opposite, it's cleaner - but does have more top (and bottom) and sounds a bit spikier. It actually doesn't sound any louder than the M65 either - if you put both in the same cab, they sound exactly the same volume, because the M65's mids make it sound louder and the H75's more scooped sound quieter.

You could try a V30 if you're looking for higher sensitivity with prominent mids and a dark top-end, but it's still harsher-sounding than the Creambacks.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• thanks chaps!

I'm really into the smooth tone that two rock are famous for, but the lows and highs are there as well, i guess you could say its very balanced - just need more air moving.

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    EV.

Sorry what was the question?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelg said:
    EV.

EVM12L i guess? the weight and cost are putting me off but they do seem to do the loud+clean thing like nothing else right?

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    ChrisCox1994 said:

EVM12L i guess? the weight and cost are putting me off but they do seem to do the loud+clean thing like nothing else right?
    Yes, but they're not smooth and rounded at the top-end like a G12-65 or a Creamback 65.

Modulus_Amps suggestion is probably the best so far if you want a 'smooth' sound and don't mind a bit more top-end.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    ChrisCox1994 said:

Yes, but they're not smooth and rounded at the top-end like a G12-65 or a Creamback 65.

Modulus_Amps suggestion is probably the best so far if you want a 'smooth' sound and don't mind a bit more top-end.
    The Two-Rock I'm using is the opposite of harsh and i can have the treble at full without it being truly piercing so it may be okay, guess theres only one way to find out 

• NerineNerine Frets: 2162
    The solution to this is to buy my Sensor 50 in the classifieds. Haha. 

On a more serious note, you could always go for one of these new attenuators that will also do power increases etc. It's an expensive solution and extra gear to carry, but it would be the best solution as I think the Creamback in the TR sounds about perfect for that amp. 
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    hywelg said:
    EV.

Yes they are heavy, but they are tremendous speakers. I think someone has one or two for sale in the classifieds. And they aren't as dear as an alnico 12 new.