Boss ME 80 for £185 new - good deal?

joetelejoetele Frets: 951
Local music shop has one, it's basically missing the plastic protector cover but otherwise brand new with box. Is this a good deal? (I may be able to save a bit more if I take my dog in. He likes dogs)

IdI been considering one to plug a few gaps in my sounds and as a backup / on the fly recording and playing option. I loved my old ME 50 but I like some of the extra options on the 80. 
MUSIC: Pale Blurs
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72506
    Yes, they’re over £200 normally.

If it’s been opened, it’s probably been a shop demo unit so do a factory reset (it’s in the manual) before you start, in case someone has been messing about with it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    ICBM said:
    Yes, they’re over £200 normally.

If it’s been opened, it’s probably been a shop demo unit so do a factory reset (it’s in the manual) before you start, in case someone has been messing about with it.
    Cheers ICBM. It looks pretty spotless but if I was to buy it they'd probably do the factory reset for me as they're good guys. 

I've got a pedalboard but this would be good as both a space filler for the effects i don't have, and a portable/practice tool for when I can't be arsed with plugging in the whole rig.
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
    edited March 2019
    Yup, £185 is a good deal. Cheapest new price I've seen is £211 from Andertons. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2053
    I have one for sale here at £150 with flightcase which I based on eBay sold prices so £185 brand new seems good 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Knock him down to £85 because it's missing the plastic protector cover.