Replace multiple pedals with TC Nova System?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    [...]

It doesn't have an FX loop so it only really works into the front of a clean amp.

Those reasons made me sell it, but in its defense it is the best sounding Multi I've ever tried (especially the OD)
    I have vague recollections of seeing at least one demo using a Nova System in the amps effects loop and a Nova Drive in front of the amp with the Nova boxen connected through their MIDI ports so that the NS could select patches on the ND with everything appeared as a single set of patches selected from the NS, and in fact I'm pretty sure I've seen shops selling the NS and ND and the required cables as a package deal with exactly this intent Seemed to work VERY well in the demos I saw which just makes it doubly annoying that TC won't make either a (slightly cheaper) driveless Nova system or a Nova System with an effects loop....

Is it really so odd that I actually quite like the sound of my amps overdrive but still like the option to either goose it up a notch or access alternative voices with a pedal or two on the front?

Of course I could probably get 99% of what I'd like from a system like this by just putting a NovaDelay and a Nova Modulation on my board and running everything a MIDI/Looper/Switcher system like one of the Gigrig thingies but that's probably more expensive than the Drive/System combination...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    If I get it in time I will give you another low down on the TC Nova System. I am going to be using it in front of my blackstar with the main driver being to change the channels via midi with a bit of OD and Boost here and some reverb and delay.

It does look pretty complicated to set but the sounds I have heard them make are awesome!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17650
    tFB Trader
    JayGee said:
    I have vague recollections of seeing at least one demo using a Nova System in the amps effects loop and a Nova Drive in front of the amp with the Nova boxen connected through their MIDI ports so that the NS could select patches on the ND with everything appeared as a single set of patches selected from the NS..
    Yes plenty of people do that, but in doing so you put half of the FX (OD, DIst, Comp, Boost, Pitch) in the wrong place so you just end up with Mod, Verb and Delay.

The Drive is the only one with MIDI BTW the Mod and Delay don't have it.