Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Love the colour of these.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GG have lost their marbles on the prices of those pre owned Les Pauls.  

So many have been on there for months. Must be pulling these prices out of a hat 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    GG have lost their marbles on the prices of those pre owned Les Pauls.  

So many have been on there for months. Must be pulling these prices out of a hat 
    Truth. All it does is diminish the perceived value of the discounted 2018 guitars, which actually seem to be priced at a point where they want to shift them, and make the current LP Standard seem grotesquely overpriced (£2800!!!?!?). 
    I suspect if the used ones were any cheaper they would never get rid of the new and apparently very undesirable circa £1k models.

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5436
    Gibson pricing has been so f*cked over the past few years it’s hard to see how anything gets sold at full price let alone an inflated used price. I feel just a little bit bad for the dealers sometimes, it’s such a mess. I hope the new mgmt at Gibbo are helping sort it all out. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Will be interesting to see what the 2019 version 1 LP standard and trads bottom out at as the NAMM models arrive. Some nice lookers amongst them. Think it’ll be difficult for GG to shift some of them though.

Doesn’t seem to be much love for their custom shop GG range either. I must say if I’m paying £4K for an R9 equivalent I dont want “GG” on the headstock or COA.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7111
    To be fair to GG, someone posted that thread about a guy trading in 23 guitars so I went on their web to have a look. I ended up snapping up a LP trad pre-owned off them at a very reasonable price. It arrived today and I'd swear I wouldn't know the difference between this and a new one. Made up.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Only a few weeks back GG we’re knocking out used les Paul standards at around £1300-1350. 

Now they have ramped them up to £1600
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2175
    TINMAN82 said:

Doesn’t seem to be much love for their custom shop GG range either. I must say if I’m paying £4K for an R9 equivalent I dont want “GG” on the headstock or COA.
    I was looking at LPR8/9's literally yesterday and thought exactly the same. 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2329
    Why are the 2019 Standard Les Pauls £2800?!?!?!?
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    To encourage people to buy the stock of 2018 models.
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 777
    That's how much they are. The old Gibson guard changed the pricing for 2019.

Hopefully the "new" 2019 models that everyone is waiting for will be back to more sensible prices. They have indicated that they will be cheaper. 
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3325
    i was mental buying a standard new for 1900 in 2016.  I would be totally in the seine buying one now