What else could I consider.....?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• markslade07markslade07 Frets: 840
    dogload said:
    Have yo considered a Telecaster? I know you fancy a semi, but Teles are nice all-rounders that can do wiry wiry mod stuff and more gnarly rocky stuff when required. They also look the part!

My only proviso would be to shop around for a neck profile that suits you.

Got one already...just fancy something different too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Parker said:
    If you can stretch your budget a little (they may also come down a bit), then this little guitar will wipe the floor with anything else in its range
    https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/electric-guitar-eggle-new-york-broadway/1332154776

Woah! That's cool! Not sure I could go up to that though....hmmmm *raids piggy bank*
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    dogload said:
    Have yo considered a Telecaster? I know you fancy a semi, but Teles are nice all-rounders that can do wiry wiry mod stuff and more gnarly rocky stuff when required. They also look the part!

Haha, 'nuff said! :)
    dogload said:
    dogload said:

Haha, 'nuff said! :)

You know how fickle we all are! :)
  • steersteer Frets: 1206
    Hagstrom viking?
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3596
    There was a thread on here recently about reasonably priced 12 strings. Now that is very 60s and suitably different.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    ESBlonde said:
    There was a thread on here recently about reasonably priced 12 strings. Now that is very 60s and suitably different.

Ahh, reminded me - Italia Rimini. No idea what they are like to play but definitely tick the 60s and different boxes. Seen them advertised for £495 new, normally much more than that. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4743
    edited March 2019
    Someone I know might have a mint and heavily upgraded - nothing original except the body and neck - Sheraton for sale.
    Spec includes a pair of Stormy Mondays, Tone Pros locking bridge and locking tailpiece, locking Grovers and a new 50's style harness and pots.  Sunburst with case.  And a three ply black and white pickguard from JIS.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    rlw said:
    Someone I know might have a mint and heavily upgraded - nothing original except the body and neck - Sheraton for sale.
    Spec includes a pair of Stormy Mondays, Tone Pros locking bridge and locking tailpiece, locking Grovers and a new 50's style harness and pots.  Sunburst with case.  And a three ply black and white pickguard from JIS.
    Could be interested.....
  • Calum13Calum13 Frets: 37
    edited March 2019
    I have a 2016 sheraton, it’s a very good guitar but it’s very heavy and the body is quite large. If you’re playing Oasis and OCS will you be using amp distortion or a pedal? I find it feedbacks a lot using pedals but not as bad using the pre amp knob on the amp. I usually don’t use the coil tap/split but using the split bridge pickup but it sounds quite like a Tele, so very versatile. When I was buying it people recommended buying an old Korean one however they don’t exist in wine red so I went with the Chinese reissue. A hofner verythin is also a very good looking mod guitar but I haven’t played one. 
    Calum13 said:
    I have a 2016 sheraton, it’s a very good guitar but it’s very heavy and the body is quite large. If you’re playing Oasis and OCS will you be using amp distortion or a pedal? I find it feedbacks a lot using pedals but not as bad using the pre amp knob on the amp. I usually don’t use the coil tap/split but using the split bridge pickup but it sounds quite like a Tele, so very versatile. When I was buying it people recommended buying an old Korean one however they don’t exist in wine red so I went with the Chinese reissue. A hofner verythin is also a very good looking mod guitar but I haven’t played one. 
    I’ll be using an M13 into a clean Katana (currently)....interesting it feeds back...was hoping with the centre block it wouldn’t be too bad. Wine red would be ideal, but if possible I’d probably prefer the Korean one like my LP.

Hofner Verythin....another good shout
  • Calum13Calum13 Frets: 37
    edited March 2019
    Imarkslade07 said:
    Calum13 said:
    I’ll be using an M13 into a clean Katana (currently)....interesting it feeds back...was hoping with the centre block it wouldn’t be too bad. Wine red would be ideal, but if possible I’d probably prefer the Korean one like my LP.

Hofner Verythin....another good shout
    If you’re playing at bedroom levels it doesn’t feed back, and that’s through my old solid state Marshall. It was feed backing when I was playing through a cranked fender champion 100 with a boss DS1 on a low gain setting although the DS1 is known for being a noisy pedal.  A little feedback is good for playing things like oasis