Bright switches

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
edited March 2019 in Amps
On a hundred amps...

Anybuddy ever find much use for this function?

I was a wonderin' why so many are clipped....sort of a thing
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72563
    Yes. They're particularly useful for clean sounds at low volumes, which can otherwise sound a bit dull.

'Clipping' (cutting to use the proper non-Americanism :) ) a bright switch is pointless since all you have to do is turn it off. Cutting a fixed bright cap can sometimes be useful if you're running the amp at low volume with a brighter-sounding overdrive, distortion or fuzz pedal since they tend to pass the frequencies which cause fizz and buzz.

If you think about the modern trend for playing at low volumes with 'transparent' overdrives it should be obvious why it's become 'a thing'...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
    :)
    tae be or not tae be
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31648
    I install them on some amps, it can transform the clean tones of high gain amps. 
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2186
    I like 'em. 

I loved the top end schwang I got from my Ecstasy on the blue channel. 

The one on the Friedman Smallbox also does a similar thing. 

They sound ace IMO. 

Like running an 800 at 6 on the preamp. It brightens up a lot and really lets the guitar character and pickups come through. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    I tend to like the amp to be bright as well as too loud. That way the guitar controls come into play and give you finger tip control. Also being able to dig in and get more from a note is easier this way round. Those that like lots of overdrive and a compressed processes sound need not apply.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7299
    I run my clean channel with it on
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>