Marshall Origin 50 combo

What's Hot
Beston123Beston123 Frets: 1
Anyone tried one of these, I'm looking at them, or a handwired 1973x or 1958x or 1974x.

Any advice???
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I'd love to try an Origin.

But then I'm a fanboy. Basically anything up to and including the 800 is fine with me.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17619
    tFB Trader
    I'm quite interested in them.

The one thing people people seem to struggle with is that they have very little drive until you get to gig volume.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited March 2019
    ...no struggling here - even on the low power you get a good Marshall tone and a TS will bark it right up for you. 50w Head user.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • I do like the vibe of the Origin, but from what I've heard they're very bright, and they are best when run at almost maximum volume at 50watts, I had the 1987x and the HW Bluesbreaker and that's where my heart is.
    They were both beasts, but very impractical this day and age as without an attenuator or pedal, I like to drive an amp rather than use an attenuator or pedal, hence looking at these above options.
    I'm pretty sure illI go 1973x and hope it will cut through.......
  • (1973x is the 2x12 model)
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    edited March 2019
    I actually prefer the origin to the 1974/73. Less "ratty" gain and thicker/warmer. Tonally the origin sits somewhere between a JTM45 and a 1987x I'd say. More gain and tighter than the JTM but warmer and less "van halen/brown" than the 87. Really shines when you get to crank it through some decent Celestions - not really a fan of the combo speakers. I prefer the 20 for this reason too.
  • I've decided to get my Bluesbreaker back as I daren't take a chance with the 18watts, I've had two in the past so I know the score with them, they sound awesome when cranked...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom