Resistors, capacitors, superswitches, pots and stuff!

Need to do some tweaking and modding to a couple of guitars and looks like I need to get some resistors and pots and switches and stuff. Wheres the best place to buy singles? All the stuff I can find seem to be in 50's so I'm obviously looking in the wrong place or not hard enough. 

Ta muchly

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8724
    RS online for resistors and capacitors. For pots and switches there are many suppliers. Off the top of my head: axesrus, axetec, axecaster, alegree, Black Dog Music. The main thing to watch is the quality of the pots. Even the named brands are now selling cheaper versions.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2459
    Roland said:
    RS online for resistors and capacitors. For pots and switches there are many suppliers. Off the top of my head: axesrus, axetec, axecaster, alegree, Black Dog Music. The main thing to watch is the quality of the pots. Even the named brands are now selling cheaper versions.
    Brilliant thanks. I'm looking at ebay for the pots. So far I'm guessing the best ones to go with would be Fender or Dimarzio. I have a Bare Knuckle in one guitar at the moment but thats on it's way out after only about 2 years. To be fair, it gets used a lot and I sweat on stage. A lot. Like Michael Jackson in Mothercare. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    If you just want to buy small amounts of resistors then bitsbox is pretty good I use RS when i buy in bulk. 
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    RS do Bourns pots at normal* pot prices, if you like the the low friction type.
    *standard electronic component prices as opposed to "magical unicorn-blessed, as used by <insert topical guitarist here>" prices.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Farnell and Mouser in addition.