SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD 1978 Yamaha SA2000 - £750

What's Hot
ben_wuhben_wuh Frets: 21
edited March 2019 in Guitars £
Hi all,

Genuinely sad to see this one go as it's a fantastic playing and sounding guitar - but I'm hardly playing any more and needs must.

It's a 1978 (I think) Yamaha SA2000 in wine red. All electronics are working perfectly, and the frets have plenty of life in them.

A few things to note:

- The bridge is not original - it's a genuine Gibson TP-6
- I believe the tuners are non original too, as most SAs of this era come with Yamaha branded ones. But they're Grovers and they work great
- There are few dings and marks in the finish, plus some rash on the back, as I've tried to illustrate. But nothing too major
- One of the pots is missing the plate that says 'tone', as you can see in the pics
- It's set up with 10s at the moment
- It'll come with a well loved Hiscox hard case (lots of stickers!), plus a TGI 'Extreme' Gig bag.

The hard case is designed for a 335, and I have inserts from Hiscox to help the Yamaha fit snugly. But as it can move if man handled I'd really prefer not to post.

Based in London, SE6. Can meet up around the St Pauls area too, if that suits.

Happy to try and answer any questions!

Ben

PS The guy I purchased this from a few years back claims it previously toured with Cameron Pierre. Haven't been able to confirm it, so file under 'unsubstantiated', but interesting nonetheless...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments