Change of speakers

RussGRussG Frets: 15
Hi all,
this is my current 'wall of sound' I have.

https://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f28/snipershot7990/20190324_140801_zpsem1icdlo.jpg

The stacked amp and speakers on the left is a Whitehorse GT260H head and dedicated speakers.
Its obviously for six string lead, but I have been running gently for my bass guitar. I was told as long as i dont crank it up too much, the speakers should be fine, and so far so good.

However, I have been given the opportunity of getting a pair of these:

https://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f28/snipershot7990/20190324_145435_zpsbygafy6z.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f28/snipershot7990/20190324_145435_zpsbygafy6z.jpg

I think the speakers are about 15-18 inch? Dint get chance to measure them.
Would these be suitable to run as bass guitar speakers?
Also, I will be looking to get a dedicated bass amp head for them.
To save messing around switching between speakers and heads, lead and bass guitars, would you advise on getting a small mixing desk?
Thanks in advance 
Russ

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72569
    They look like 15" PA bass bins, so ironically they may not have enough *top* end for bass, if they have internal crossovers.

They will certainly handle bass fine though, as long as they sound OK. They should be cheap, since unpowered subs (at this power level) are not commonly used now, and Ohm is not a very desirable brand, although they were good quality.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RussGRussG Frets: 15
    ICBM said:
    They look like 15" PA bass bins, so ironically they may not have enough *top* end for bass, if they have internal crossovers.

They will certainly handle bass fine though, as long as they sound OK. They should be cheap, since unpowered subs (at this power level) are not commonly used now, and Ohm is not a very desirable brand, although they were good quality.
    Im looking at paying no more than £50 for the pair. Do you think its worth paying a few extra quit for a bass amp head to go with them? Also, as my daughter want to lean lead, I was thinking about buying a cheap mix desk to play around with too
    RussG said:
    ICBM said:

Im looking at paying no more than £50 for the pair. Do you think its worth paying a few extra quit for a bass amp head to go with them? Also, as my daughter want to lean lead, I was thinking about buying a cheap mix desk to play around with too
    RussG said:
    ICBM said:

Oh, and we have  keyboard coming to add to the mix too!!!!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72569
    £50 the pair is fine. You’ll need a bass head, but you may be better getting a PA mixer amp in about the 100W-150W range - old ones of these are very cheap too - and a pair of small top cabs, either 1x10” or 1x12” + horns. That way you can put bass and keys through what will be quite a useful small PA, and vocals too if you want.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    £50 the pair is fine. You’ll need a bass head, but you may be better getting a PA mixer amp in about the 100W-150W range - old ones of these are very cheap too - and a pair of small top cabs, either 1x10” or 1x12” + horns. That way you can put bass and keys through what will be quite a useful small PA, and vocals too if you want.
    off to ebay then LOL
    RussG said:
    ICBM said:
    off to ebay then LOL
    My daughter has just seen this....I was kind of hoping the recently cleared out spare room would be a study for my priesthood....think I may have to think again....i wonder how much space is in the loft!!!!