Which tuners for a PRS SE Mark Holcomb?

What's Hot
DanielArDanielAr Frets: 0
edited November 2022 in Guitar
All,
I am considering swapping out the tuning knobs on my recently purchased PRS SE Mark Holcomb but not sure what I should get. Looking to keep budget down, if possible, but wanting better tuning stability. Of course I don't want to replace garbage with garbage so if I need to spend more I will. Thanks!
Jonas Brothers Only Human , guitar ringtone
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14462
    The PRS-badged Jin-Ho machineheads with the 45 degree locator screw lug are directly compatible with the Gotoh 381 series. 

The SG381 is available with a variety of button shapes, sizes, materials and electroplated finishes. 

http://g-gotoh.com/international/product/sg381.html
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2400
    Schaller M6 and Grover 406c are both drop in replacements, as well as the Gotohs already mentioned. Hipshots are good - aren't a direct drop in but the universal mounting plate means you don't need to drill new holes.
    Tim
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    After hearing good reports, I bought a set of Axetec locking tuners for my Tremonti SE and they are very good. Not much different to a set of Schallers I have on another guitar.

https://www.axetec.co.uk/guitar_parts_uk_036.htm
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm a big fan of Axetec, I've used them several times for parts and for pickups. The service and quality has always been excellent.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    timmypix said:
    Schaller M6 and Grover 406c are both drop in replacements,
    I've got a set of these I would sell. can't remember which one, I was in the same boat as you last year, but never got round to actually putting them in.
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4141
    I'm a big fan of Axetec, I've used them several times for parts and for pickups. The service and quality has always been excellent.
    Me too. Think I'll order a set of their locking tuners for my LTD EC-256.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14462
    Thread starter claims to be in United States. Suggesting UK-based retailers is futile.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • BenBen Frets: 114
    Grover 406c, Vanson Locking (off eBay) and the AxesrUs own-brand all work fine, and for Vanson and AxesrUs it's normally around the £30 mark.