Les Paul/Tele hybrid...

What's Hot
What do you all think of this? It popped up on my fb feed the other day. I'm certainly not feeling like I need it in my life!

(That link should work, I think marketplace is open to all - if not though I'll grab some pictures)

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9718
    Arrrggghhhh! My eyes, my beautiful eyes...

I can’t unsee that now.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    edited March 2019
    Those two scratch plates give it the air of a slightly dishevelled moth. All Silence of the Lambs.

IMHO? It mings.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27154
    I can't see fb links at work. Is it one of these?

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    I can't see fb links at work. Is it one of these?

Worse. Far, far worse.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • I think Fano already have this sorted
  • For those of you who can't see the facebook links:

From the seller:

'Just finished this one before I gotta start packing, I'm moving to a new appartment next week. The less I have to pack, the better it is, so.. Custom built hybrid Les Paul, light/medium aged. Fitted with a Tele neck, it also has a longer Fender scale (25.5 inch - 648 mm). Perfect for those who always loved the Les Paul but can't handle its shorter scale. Two Gotoh pickups, nickel plated hardware, nitro finish. Frets have been levelled and polished to ensure low action without any buzz, playability is outstanding. Normally I'd ask a bit more for such a build, but since I'm moving it may go for just €400 ex shipping'

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72513
    I wonder what the intonation is like?

I have to say I can see some potential in it - all you need is a Telecaster body and a Les Paul copy neck and you can make *two* half-decent guitars out of it...

:)

Or at least, you could if it hadn't had screw holes drilled in the wrong places for that doubly pointless extra pickguard.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    ICBM said:
    I wonder what the intonation is like?

That was my first question. It doesn't look like anything extra has been done beyond slapping a Tele neck on a cheap LP body. That's going to sound... interesting. 
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    Oh... poo...

Every time I read the expression, "Les Paul / Tele hybrid", I close my eyes, cross my fingers, click my ruby slippers together and pray as hard as I can that someone has made a more affordable Gustavsson Bluesmaster - or, at least, an actually available Hamer Talladega ...because these two...

Image result for gustavsson bluesmaster

Image result for Hamer Talladega

...are guitar perfection, as far as I'm concerned.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Oh... poo...

Every time I read the expression, "Les Paul / Tele hybrid", I close my eyes, cross my fingers, click my ruby slippers together and pray as hard as I can that someone has made a more affordable Gustavsson Bluesmaster - or, at least, an actually available Hamer Talladega ...because these two...

Image result for gustavsson bluesmaster

Image result for Hamer Talladega

...are guitar perfection, as far as I'm concerned.

Now they do look nice.
  • ArjailerArjailer Frets: 103
    edited March 2019
    I reckon without the scratch plates (one's bad enough, but two?!?) that'd be quite interesting - certainly more interesting than yet another sunburst LP or blonde tele.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom