SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED!! WTB: Gibson J45 (or other Gibson acoustics)

What's Hot
fendermadlewisfendermadlewis Frets: 647
edited March 2019 in Acoustics £
Looking for a J45 at the right price. Will consider other suburst Gibsons at the lower end of the price range. Or possibly a Martin 000 or OM. Any body has one they would let go, drop me a message! Based in North Yorkshire, happy to travel. Thanks 

(Note: I've received an overwhelming response from people on other ads telling me about far better acoustics from Vintage to Yamaha. I'm sure they are all much better value for money but it's a J45 I'm looking for)

Sorted thanks guys!
Guitar dealer and G.A.S merchant by day: www.vibrocaster.com 
  Blues/rock singer & guitarist by night: www.alexhamiltonguitar.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Other sunburst cheap Gibsons? 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    Imho, this is the ONE... I own ome of these and compared it to every Gibson in the shop...

it literally destroyed each one. Superb.

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/153055/fs-atkin-the-forty-three-with-ohsc-1950#latest
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    edited March 2019
    I'll just say that there were a couple of Eastman E20 / E10 slope shoulder sunbursts on Gumtree for a bargain.

All solid, hand built, superb guitars. They just don't say Gibson on the headstock - but I can't see the headstock when I'm playing! 

Edit: these are J45 copies. 
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 714
    Imho, this is the ONE... I own ome of these and compared it to every Gibson in the shop...

it literally destroyed each one. Superb.

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/153055/fs-atkin-the-forty-three-with-ohsc-1950#latest
    ^^this. 

Good price too. Will easily surpass any of the Gibson. Great guitars. I have a LG47. 
  • Thank you for all the suggestions. LIke I've said in the original post I've been overwhelmed by people suggesting literally everything that isn't a J45. It's a Gibson J45 that i'm looking for, just to clarify ... one. Last. Time.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy79 said:
    Other sunburst cheap Gibsons? 
    Gibson Have done the J15, J35, J29 models in many different sunburst incarnations over the years. All 'cheaper' models than the j45. 

edited March 2019
    Thank you for all the suggestions. LIke I've said in the original post I've been overwhelmed by people suggesting literally everything that isn't a J45. It's a Gibson J45 that i'm looking for, just to clarify ... one. Last. Time.

...or another Gibson, or a Martin 

What's your budget?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 714
    edited March 2019
    Won’t. Bother. Helping.
  • fendermadlewisfendermadlewis Frets: 647
    edited March 2019

Fuengi said:
    Thank you for all the suggestions. LIke I've said in the original post I've been overwhelmed by people suggesting literally everything that isn't a J45. It's a Gibson J45 that i'm looking for, just to clarify ... one. Last. Time.

What's your budget?

Sorry for the attitude guys, I must of had about 30 people yesterday message me pics of Yamaha, Atkin, Eastman, Freshman, Collings, Breedlove, Tanglewood, Sigma etc telling me how much better they are. It started to get to me and i had a moment of c**tiness, i apologise.

Budget is £1100 currently, but closer to £1500 by the end of the week.

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    I understand that - sometimes you just want 'Gibson' on the headstock. I've done plenty of that, and still do. Just out of that upper budget (but I think there might be a deal there) is this - a 90th Anniversary J45. https://www.soundaffects.com/acoustic-guitars-c96/original-1985-model-j-45-90th-anniversary-dreadnought-pre-owned-p11300

Andy at Sound Affects Premier would look after you, I'm sure - if you want any more details, PM me. It was mine - I actually part-exed it for the Atkin, funnily enough. Nice guitar though, and pretty rare - one of only 90. 
    Call me Dave.
  • Yeah that's pretty much the case here. I'm a sucker for the retro Fender and Gibson thing..  vintage reissues and what not. I've tried far better guitars, but i want the brands my heros played and i fantasised about as a kid. :) Looks nice, ill have a think and total up my fund next week! 

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    PM incoming about that one. :-)
    Call me Dave.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532

Cool. As you were...

I went in the same journey myself... 

Fuengi said:

What's your budget?

Sorry for the attitude guys, I must of had about 30 people yesterday message me pics of Yamaha, Atkin, Eastman, Freshman, Collings, Breedlove, Tanglewood, Sigma etc telling me how much better they are. It started to get to me and i had a moment of c**tiness, i apologise.

Budget is £1100 currently, but closer to £1500 by the end of the week.
    You turned down a Sigma!  :open_mouth: 

I understand, been there myself. Keep looking, you'll find something. 
  • JontommyJontommy Frets: 2
    Would you consider a j35? It’s a natural colour though
  • Jontommy said:
    Wasn't planning for natural, but you never know. What's the price?

• JontommyJontommy Frets: 2
    Pm sent

fendermadlewis said:
    Jontommy said:
    Wasn't planning for natural, but you never know. What's the price?

• AlexHunterAlexHunter Frets: 422
    I was eyeing this up but decided I don’t need it:
    https://www.expressmusic.co.uk/products.asp?code=296038&name=pre-owned-gibson-j-45-deluxe-acoustic

You’re welcome.
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    A Norlin Gibson with a bridge shave.... not the top of the choice pile. That’s a 1500 quid guitar after the neck and bridge are sorted. Modern 45s will be a far better choice. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom