NAD and speaker query.....

TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1847
Picked up a nice little Mesa rectoverb 50 today in a bit of deal part of which was hacked out over the fact that it didn't have the original speaker.

It currently has a Warehouse Guitar Speaker British Lead in which don't get great press. 

I think they came with black shadows originally AFAIK. I like the bottom end thump they give but they can be a little top end fizzy.

Anyone got any speaker replacement  to retain that thump and compliment the mesa voice.

That said I may love the WGS speaker, it sounded ok in the shop, but I thought I'd put it out there!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72573
    V30 if you don't want to spend the extra on a Mesa/Celestion - the V30 is darker at the top-end.

The thump is more to do with the size of the cab and the NFB being turned off in the Modern mode than the speaker, I think. V30s work really well with Rectifiers.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1847
    @ICBM ;Thanks - I thought I'd heard that but thought I'd imagined it. 

Seems like a nice little amp