Pedaltrain Volto (Black Version) for high drain pedals...

What's Hot
SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 337
Picks done up off the forums recently. Just wondering if anyone has tried using a Volto with any power hungry digital pedals? Line 6 M5, Digitech Whammy, etc.

I know the battery life will plummet butwwould it work okay on the odd occasion if necessary?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6903
    edited March 2019
    Slimbert said:
    Picks done up off the forums recently. Just wondering if anyone has tried using a Volto with any power hungry digital pedals? Line 6 M5, Digitech Whammy, etc.

I know the battery life will plummet butwwould it work okay on the odd occasion if necessary?
    I used one with an Atomic Amplifire 3 which needs about 1A current. It worked fine. That was the original white version.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 867
    I have used my original white one with an m5, as above works fine. 
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    I use the Mooer power block version, the M5 was fine by itself but it basically used almost all the current draw by itself upon startup, which meant that adding any other pedals to the power chain risked the M5 failing to start up.
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 337
    I use the Mooer power block version, the M5 was fine by itself but it basically used almost all the current draw by itself upon startup, which meant that adding any other pedals to the power chain risked the M5 failing to start up.
    I know the M5 is sub 400ma as I ran it successfully from a 400ma output on a Voodoo Lab 4x4. I think the Volto 2 is 2000ma so by the sound of it, it should be okay.

I'm wondering how quickly the battery will drain if it's running along side 4 or 5 other pedals. Total draw will be sub 800ma.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom