SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED Want a Thinline Tele project - what have you got?

What's Hot
rze99rze99 Frets: 2383
edited July 2020 in Guitars £

I fancy building or modding a thinline as a project.

I will supply neck so I could get a whole guitar and mod or parts.

Interested in a finished body pref nitro.

Would prefer Fender custom or classic colour. Really don't want sunburst!

got anything?

cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rexterrexter Frets: 369
    edited April 2019 tFB Trader
    Hey Richard! Hope you're well. I have a dream guitar inbound and if I like it as much as I'm hoping I will, I'm going to have to shift some stuff, including my faithful tele thinline I think 

Some changes to it since this picture, now has brass Gotoh intune saddles and a handwound Q-pickups gold foil cover neck pickup (confusingly a trad tele pickup but wound to be more like a strat pickup, not a gold foil  o) Bridge pickup is a Fralin Blues Special. Really resonant guitar, but I figure one day I can build myself another one. It's definitely got more wear and dings than this picture shows as this was just after I assembled it. Can send you some up to date pics. Bigsby has been off and on again and tuning is pretty stable. I missed the trem too much!

If you're interested let me know maybe we can work out a deal? with or without neck or whatever you think if any interest...

Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2383

Hi Jon
    Nice to hear from you.
    Yes, I'm interested and that looks great.
    Never tried a Goldfoil.. or variant of it. I had been contemplating single coil bridge with TV Jones neck,... but no fixed plans just bouncing ideas of myself and looking at what others have done

Yes, please send me updated pics and a parts spec and I'll get back to you. 

Cheers

R

• horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
    I may have a body for a daphne blue tele thin lineif you're interested...cheap. Do you want hardware as well?

I only need a body strictly speaking, but it depends. I fancy a Bigsby on it and don't have one
  • rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
    cheers @rze99 ; - I thought it might be up your street when I saw this thread! I'll try to get some pics over tonight or more likely tomorrow as at the workshop late today by the looks of it and guitar is at home  =) 
    Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    Thanks Jon OK no probs 
    R