Can anyone recommend me some pedalboard patch cables?

What's Hot
builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
Seems like a bit of a minefield when it comes to deciding on pedal patch cables. I have some awesome Kabl guitar leads Neutrik/Van Damme which are still going strong. Currently I have been using MXR pancake style but looking for something a bit more heavy duty. Has anyone tried the Custom Pedalboard patch leads? they look decent enough or should I just get some right-angle Neutrik connector/Van Damme patch leads? Also tempted by the EBS premium gold but I’m worried about the quality. Any help greatly appreciated 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chromatunachromatuna Frets: 372
    edited March 2019
    I bought a set of 6 called Gotham GAC-1 for £15 from Amazon earlier in the year and they seem fine to me, well made and I can't detect any tone loss
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7509
    I recently got a bunch of the Rockboard flat ones and like them - low profile, flexible cable, available in lots of lengths rather than just 6" 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 337
    Ernie ball's. They're seemingly indestructible.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4933
    EBS flats give the best flexibility for pedaboard layouts.

Robustness should not be an issue, as you don't plug/unplug the pedals on the board frequently.
  • I'm very happy with the Lava solderless cables. I've got some cheaper ones too that I got from PedalPatch.co.uk and honestly, they're not as good. They do the job, but they feel cheap and often get stuck in pedals. One of the screws stripped the other day too, with a bloody screwdriver! So I don't recommend them.

The EBS and Rockboard flats look really useful, but also expensive.

Planet Waves do some right angled ones but they take up too much space. Other than that, they're great!

Bye!

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2929
    tFB Trader
    I went EBS, saved a ton of board space with them. Though the placcy housings don't look the stoutest and strain relief might be a thing to be careful of they've taken a lot of board rejigging fine.
  • Tadragh1Tadragh1 Frets: 70
    I bought Ernie Ball patch cables recently and they seem very good, indeed.
  • Corvus said:
    I went EBS, saved a ton of board space with them. Though the placcy housings don't look the stoutest and strain relief might be a thing to be careful of they've taken a lot of board rejigging fine.
    I’ve had the EBS gold on mine for about a year now with no problems. They’ve been through a couple of minor board re-jigs. Currently a couple of them have a 90 degree twist to accommodate the mix of top mounted and side mounted jacks - hopefully won’t shorten the life too much. 

The gold sides on the plug are metal. When I first got them they did feel more substantial than I expected.

The one thing is that I don’t see how they could be repairable when they do wear out - I suspect spares and replacements are the only option.

• Cheers everybody I’ve gone for the ebs gold premium