Celestion Creamback Neo - Live

What's Hot
fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4133
After reading lots of recommendations on here, I replaced the V type in my marshall dsl40r with a new Celestion Neo Creamback and boy am I pleased with my rig now.  Here's little snippet of how it sounded at the gig last saturday.  This is my sound in my head and I love playing live with it, plus it shaves about 1lb off my rig ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31653
    I gigged my neo Creamback last night too, the crazy stalker chicks dig it.
    ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4133
    p90fool said:
    I gigged my neo Creamback last night too, the crazy stalker chicks dig it.
    ;)
    Aha that explains everything.  Neo is a babe magnet lol 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24848
    Excellent! Can I add you on Facebook?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 507
    Only 1lb?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    I put two neos in my 2x12 cab and sounds great. Mainly put them in for the weight relief tbh though 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5068
    Only 1lb?
    More like 10lb I’d have thought?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    The difference in speaker weight is only one or two lbs. In a 20kg cab its actually barely noticable. 
    The difference in speaker weight is only one or two lbs. In a 20kg cab its actually barely noticable. 
    6lb difference according to the specs. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72574
    The difference is 3lb if it had a V-Type in before. (4.2lb vs 7.2lb.) Not huge, but you can probably tell.

It can be noticeable even in quite a heavy amp - it just takes the 'edge' off the weight. A customer of mine has a big Traynor 2x12" combo that we put Jensen neos in, and it's really made quite a useful difference even though the amp weighs 70lb.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    The difference is 3lb if it had a V-Type in before. (4.2lb vs 7.2lb.) Not huge, but you can probably tell.
    True, I was comparing with a Vintage 30 for some reason...
    Barely noticeable to me after set up,  2hr show,  tear down,  lug back to the car.  I'm still knackered at that point  ;)
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    Sounds killer in the vid, and nice playing too!

Which one's the groupie, by the way?

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FenderishFenderish Frets: 47
    well I put it instead of the the G12 S303 gold that was in a 6101 combo and that was a huge pain/weight relief ! :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Fenderish said:
    well I put it instead of the the G12 S303 gold that was in a 6101 combo and that was a huge pain/weight relief ! :D
    Going by the weight of those things they must have put a reasonable amount of actual gold in them... or depleted uranium possibly.

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Love my neo creams :-)
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    I have 5 now - both 2x12's and a 1x12 combo. They made the combo just a bit more manageable but the 2x12's are very noticeably lighter.
    Its  a lovely creamy kind of tone for sure.  Guess that's why they named it.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Great playing too dude!  Some proper face melters in there
    Thanks man!  It's so much fun to play to a packed pub, they go wild for it.