Ibanez partscaster?

JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
So I'm 40 this year so I've decided I want to build an Ibanez style guitar, something fixed bridge, RG with a nice finish, maple neck etc. 

Is there any where I could get some nice quality, finished bodies in the RG style within the UK? Or if not the UK, any recommendations welcome. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Guitarbuild used to do them, but stopped a while back and wouldn't entertain making me another. Aside from that options are limited. Bodies do show-up on ebay though.
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    There's a guy turns up at the Newcastle guitar show every year, and I imagine he does the rounds of other shows? He always has loads of Ibanez parts,bodies,necks etc. Perhaps someone on here may have knowledge of how to contact him? 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14543
    Shame about the fixed bridge stipulation. 

https://i.imgur.com/Q8JN9c0.jpg?1

It's a Jaden Rose, OSNJ. I even have a red and yellow DiMarzio Breed stashed away to go with it.  ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    edited March 2019
    @Funkfingers is that Jaden body?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14543
    Jetfire said:
    @Funkfingers is that Jaden body?
    Is it, what, exactly?  :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Sorry, I was reading and typing in a rush. Just re-read your comments. Thats a Jaden body I see. Hmm.... 
  • champ222champ222 Frets: 35
    I may be able to get something for you. Im currently working with a guy, with some great results. What are you after specifically? PM me if you could, in case i forget to check back here i have some photo examples, but its a faff to upload photos etc with the kids running around.
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1078
    I built a desktop cnc setup last year and have been tweaking it since and hoped to start offering just such a service for parts/body ect...but as things stand atm im unsure if i can/will get it off the ground....Right org(refinished) rg350 basswood left replacement mahogany HS/Direct mount i designed/cut for the hardware & neck from the rg350.

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4936
    You can buy real ones on ebay and suchlike.