Class D power amp question

John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
I have a Behringer nx3000 power amp, the specs give power in to 2,4 and 8 ohms, am I ok to run this in to a 16 ohm cab?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Any idea @ICBM ?
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10454
    Most class D amps are fine with no load at all as the feedback pulse width is adjusted to suit load .... lighter 16 Ohm load means less current and switching ratio is adjusted to suit

Have to say Behringer don't always follow good design strategies  though  ....seen some aweful class D Behringer amps
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    Danny1969 said:
    Most class D amps are fine with no load at all as the feedback pulse width is adjusted to suit load .... lighter 16 Ohm load means less current and switching ratio is adjusted to suit

Have to say Behringer don't always follow good design strategies  though  ....seen some aweful class D Behringer amps
    So that's Yes, probably, maybe not ;)
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10454
    John_A said:
    Danny1969 said:

Be fine IMO
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    Danny1969 said:
    John_A said:
    Danny1969 said:

Be fine IMO
    That's what I thought too - Cheers
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72574
    Sorry, late to this - but yes, it *should* be fine. If in doubt, you need a 16-ohm load box to run in parallel which will bring it down to 8 ohms.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein