Best amp model software for Mac?

What's Hot
Jay123Jay123 Frets: 3
Hey.
So, Im not experienced in this area, so thought Id just ask (and maybe look silly. What would be the best way of plugging my guitar straight into my MacBook, via my BabyFace Interface and getting good amp model tones/effects?  Also, can i use my pedals too?  Not looking to spend anymore than £200, if possible.  I have used Logic briefly, but quite sure theres a lot better.  Thanks in advance.  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jay123Jay123 Frets: 3
    Anyone any recommendations at all?  Or, Should I have posted this on the 'Other Instruments' section? 
  • NeuralDSP's Nameless amp sim is killer, as is their Fortin NTS. 

Mercuriall's Reaxis and Spark amp sims are also great.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 413
    Most of them offer trials so download the most common ones (S-Gear, Amplitube, Guitar Rig, Bias, etc) and give them all a go for a few days. Nobody is in a better position than yourself to decide what works best for you.
    Ok thanks. So, all I really need is the software and interface then?  
    Cool, I’ll download and try them then 
  • MickeyjiMickeyji Frets: 108
    Scuffham S-Gear is quite realistic sounding and the best of the moderately priced modelers IMO
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    I use Bias Fx and think it's great ..
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2911
    Mercuriall Spark for me but it only does Marshall tones which is all I need.
    Thanks for options. Lastly, any recommendations for some decent sounding monitors? On the smaller side if possible and less than £100. :) 
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3052
    You could maybe consider Helix Native - free trial here: https://uk.line6.com/helix/helixnative.html

If you know anyone with some sort of Helix they can buy it for £99.

R.

Thanks Robin!  Ill def download the trial.  Several friends have actually bought the Helix Floor unit recently and seem to really like it, so will be really interested to hear what it sounds like.
    Any idea about monitors by any chance ?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26732
    Jay123 said:
    Thanks Robin!  Ill def download the trial.  Several friends have actually bought the Helix Floor unit recently and seem to really like it, so will be really interested to hear what it sounds like.
    For what it's worth, I wouldn't use anything else - Native is just plain great, and once you've got the hang of the interface (trivial if you already have any experience with Helix hardware), it's just so easy to get great sounds out of it as long as you start patches from scratch rather than playing around with the factory presets.

I tried the Native demo, and half an hour later I'd actually bought a Helix. That was about 18 months ago (I think), and I still haven't played through any of the factory presets, except by accident.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• I tried the Native demo, and half an hour later I'd actually bought a Helix. That was about 18 months ago (I think), and I still haven't played through any of the factory presets, except by accident.
    Wisdom awarded reference factory presets.  They are the curse of many a great piece of kit.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5681
    edited April 2019

I use Positive Grid Bias Amp 2 and Bias FX and would highly recommend them both.  I tried the Helix Native demo but it didn't play nice with my particular setup and Line 6 couldn't be less helpful.  I was also less than blown away by the factory models on the one occassion it did work - really I don't know why they bother.

Bias Amp/FX just works and sounds great out of the box.  You can just use a factory setting for a great tone or tweak to your heart's content, and trust me, there's a LOT to tweak!

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

Im gonna start downloading a few this week and see.  Really interested to hear how they sound 
  • GrahamGGrahamG Frets: 87
    I'm a dunce with all this modelling stuff,but after watching a few Positive Grid dems, i downloaded the Demo software, i haven't got past the Headphone stage yet,but I've got 8 really good sounding pre sets,based on 2 Amp models,well at least they sound good to me =) .
    Now having watched a few more online PG demos,i'm mystified how it all translates to the PG hardware units.
    But it's not unusual me being mystified with modelling, what is unusual, is me being happy with any of the Amps, even just through headphones.
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 819
    before you spend money, why not try out the Lepou amp sims, or ignite amps free stuff, I like the Lepou range, and theres loads of free impulse responses out there--look for 7 deadly sins pack.