Amp valuation

What's Hot
GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8824
in Amps tFB Trader
Hello all, before I start... I haven’t made my mind up either way on this. Im simply asking about the value for a few different reasons. Obviously one of the reasons includes parting with this pair but as I said I have a things driving this thought process.

Im keen to know if £1300 seems reasonable for this head and cab. The head is the Lonestar Classic 10-50-100 model and the cab is a zilla fatbaby with a Celestine V30. Both in as new condition and the head is currently being given a once over by Tony Hamilton in Belfast. 

https://i.imgur.com/Ff47yaw.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 762
    To me that seems fair - despite a being a bright colour Rolex, the cab is matching and Zilla are very well thought of, and it’s the newer version of a much sought after Mesa amp (but I don’t think a single Vintage 30 can take 100 watts!!)

Only problem is a tough market for £1k+ amps and the fact you’re in NI meaning driving to meet up with any GB fretboard members is probably out - are you willing to post it?? Stick it on the emporium and see if anyone bites - nobody will think £1300 is daft!
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11963
    will you have to change your username?
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8824
    tFB Trader
    Username changing soon actually. All being well it’ll be in line with the business thankfully. 

@jellybelly yes of course, shipping isn’t an issue. I play the clean in 50 watt mode. Ultimately if you’re gigging pubs and clubs would you really need to drive 100 watts that hard? 
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1963
    I sold a Lonestar Classic head (pristine condition, still had tags attached) for £950 about 18 months ago. I wasn't trying too hard to sell it (listed here and on Reverb) but I wasn't exactly flooded with offers either. The market at this price range is quite tough, but you might strike it lucky.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6908
    lonestar said:
    Username changing soon actually. All being well it’ll be in line with the business thankfully. 

How did you manage that! I’ve been asking to change username for at least 6 months!! 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    To me that seems fair - despite a being a bright colour Rolex, the cab is matching and Zilla are very well thought of, and it’s the newer version of a much sought after Mesa amp (but I don’t think a single Vintage 30 can take 100 watts!!)

Only problem is a tough market for £1k+ amps and the fact you’re in NI meaning driving to meet up with any GB fretboard members is probably out - are you willing to post it?? Stick it on the emporium and see if anyone bites - nobody will think £1300 is daft!

I'd buy a bright Rolex for 1300
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    lonestar said:

How did you manage that! I’ve been asking to change username for at least 6 months!! 
    It’s not confirmed tbh. I got a little ahead of myself. 
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 849
    The going rate for these is around a grand for the head. I bought mine off here last year and it’s an amazing amp, make sure you don’t regret it!
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1963
    koss59 said:
    The going rate for these is around a grand for the head. I bought mine off here last year and it’s an amazing amp, make sure you don’t regret it!
    That might have been mine. Did it come with 6V6 and 6L6? That would be a coincidence because I have your old HRD GB model.
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 849
    exocet said:
    koss59 said:
    That might have been mine. Did it come with 6V6 and 6L6? That would be a coincidence because I have your old HRD GB model.
    That’s the one mate! Small world ( forum ) with revolving gear between us all.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24573
    lonestar said:
    mrkb said:
    lonestar said:

Mods don’t allow user name changes.

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    lonestar said:
    mrkb said:
    lonestar said:

are you sure about that?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    tFB Trader
    Okay guys, thanks for the input. Looks like I’m not far off at my asking price. I’ll have a think about it. I was never fully committed to selling but it’s always nice to have some objective views.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9593
    lonestar said:
    mrkb said:
    lonestar said:

Hmmm.... they have done previously.... 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    lonestar said:
    mrkb said:
    lonestar said:

Da Lefty used to change his name on an almost weekly basis.
     =) 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24573
    lonestar said:
    mrkb said:
    lonestar said:

are you sure about that?
    About halfway down...

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/7269/admin-mod-interventions/p9

"We don't generally allow userID changes, and that policy hasn't changed.

However, peter1 has become PeterOne.

Not least so that peteri didn't have to become PeterEye.

(ie the change was approved on the grounds of avoiding confusion between peter1 and peteri)."

• randellarandella Frets: 4227
    Apologies for the off-topic post, but can I ask where you got the strap from?  I really like it - it looks like one of the ones Hendrix was fond of using at one point.
    tFB Trader
    randella said:
    Apologies for the off-topic post, but can I ask where you got the strap from?  I really like it - it looks like one of the ones Hendrix was fond of using at one point.
    Oh I think it’s a bit late to be worried about de railing this threat ;)

Air straps - contact Adam and let him know Scott at SC Relics sent you :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4227
    Thank you very much - will check them out!

Good luck with the amp deliberation.  That Mesa is quite a thing, love the tolex :)
    tFB Trader
    randella said:
    Thank you very much - will check them out!

Good luck with the amp deliberation.  That Mesa is quite a thing, love the tolex :)
    Good man :)

Itll be a tough decision. I’ve not decided anything yet but I’ve been after something for a while and it’s getting harder to fight