NGD! Mystic Ice Fender Content!

LKV_JazzmasterLKV_Jazzmaster Frets: 163
edited April 2019 in Guitar
So, as some of you may have seen I placed an advert looking for a guitar around the £500 mark on the classifieds after moving one guitar on.

I thought I wanted a Single cut or an offset, and got offered some very nice guitars to that effect by some great forum users. I was also directed to try out the PRS Zak Myers that I had been considering. So I did just that. 

Popped along to PMT after work and tried one... and hated it! I don't know if its just that it had a bad set up or was one of the few 'off' guitars that inevitably come out of the factory. Overwhelmingly though the thing that put me off was the neck shape... it just didn't feel right in the hand... so after staring at an LP Standard for 10minutes and contemplating whether to put it on the card and then tell the Mrs it was actually a lot cheaper than it was I had bit of a look around and came across this second hand Roadhouse Deluxe! 

It was the colour that caught my eye, followed by the 70s headstock (which I prefer) and then the noiseless pups and then the locking tuners. I managed to get one of the staff to 'unlock' it for me and took it down for an inspection and gave it a whirl... what a guitar! it played great from proper Strat sounds to something chunkier and I really took to the 12" board.

Although its second hand there are very few signs of use apart from staining on the pick guard which should come off with a clean or I might just swap it out for a white tortoise shell effect. 

It's on the heavy side for a Strat and I really like that, I don't particularly like light guitars.

I had to google the model to figure out why it had a battery compartment on the back and was mesmerised by the amount of tones you could get from this with its onboard pre-amp sneakily hidden as a tone pot and of course one click of the S1 and you have pure Strat tones.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments