NGD Eggle 96

What's Hot
andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
edited April 2019 in Guitar
And its waiting at home.
Can't wait.

Pics in a few hours...

Or now

Patrick James Eggle 96, swamp ash body, roasted birds eye maple neck, rosewood fboard.
Coil split on the bridge.

http://i63.tinypic.com/dnln2c.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/4sfcdd.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/30kexj7.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/1t07pw.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2n7la35.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/25aixb6.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/xauwxd.jpg

Really pleased with it, it's the complete opposite to what if normally go for, no glossy flamed top, trem, 25.5" scale, but it's a superb guitar. 
Very light, very easy to play and sounds very nice indeed.
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Spill the beans. Nothing worse than when someone drags out a NGD thread :smirk: 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Spill the beans. Nothing worse than when someone drags out a NGD thread :smirk: 
    Lol! 
    Yeah, I did realise that after I'd typed it.

Well...

The body is white
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 246
    congrats looks lovely. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    That looks amazing! Scratchplate by Jooky, presumably?
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    It's a wow from me!
    mart said:
    That looks amazing! Scratchplate by Jooky, presumably?
    Ha, you'd think so but no.  They're standard on this one, some sort of brass thing with chemical treatment making them all unique.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3655
    edited April 2019
    I'm jealous. I have a 1993 Patrick Eggle Berlin pro, which I've owned from new, and is the guitar I would save if the house was burning down. I've changed my Strat, my gigging guitar, to HSS with an aged nickel cover on the bridge pick up. You have my dream guitar. Very jealous.
    edited April 2019
    Musicwolf said:
    I'm jealous. I have a 1993 Patrick Eggle Berlin pro, which I've owned from new, and is the guitar I would save if the house was burning down. I've changed my Strat, my gigging guitar, to HSS with an aged nickel cover on the bridge pick up. You have my dream guitar. Very jealous.

I always lusted after the early Eggles when I was younger walking round the guitar shows.
    They're great guitars.

I've got one of the 96 drop tops as well, between them theres not much they cant do.

http://i67.tinypic.com/282f0a9.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very nice indeed. What a superb find.
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22930
    edited April 2019
    That's awesome, the current crop of Eggles are beautiful things. 

I'm pretty GAS-free nowadays but if I was in the market for anything it would most likely be a PJE.  Shame the Strat/Tele types mostly seem to have fairly skinny necks.
    edited April 2019
    Philly_Q said:
    That's awesome, the current crop of Eggles are beautiful things. 

I'm pretty GAS-free nowadays but if I was in the market for anything it would most likely be a PJE.  Shame the Strat/Tele types mostly seem to have fairly skinny necks.
    Cheers!
    This one and the drop top, to me, are really chunky necks.
    The soft V on the 96 is a lovely handful, I really hate skinny necks they give me serious wrist pains.

andy1839 said: 
    The soft V on the 96 is a lovely handful, I really hate skinny necks they give me serious wrist pains.

Ah, is that one a soft V?  Most of the 96 models seem to have a shallow C neck, I think the Oz Tele-type has a soft V as standard (to the extent that any Eggles are standard).

I've never had a chance to actually try any of the Eggle models - I should pay a visit to Peach - so I don't know how either profile actually feels, but I really do prefer a guitar with a chunky neck.  If the soft V is anything like a Fender 10/56 V I'd be pretty happy with that.
    Philly_Q said:
    andy1839 said: 

Ah, is that one a soft V?  Most of the 96 models seem to have a shallow C neck, I think the Oz Tele-type has a soft V as standard (to the extent that any Eggles are standard).

I've never had a chance to actually try any of the Eggle models - I should pay a visit to Peach - so I don't know how either profile actually feels, but I really do prefer a guitar with a chunky neck.  If the soft V is anything like a Fender 10/56 V I'd be pretty happy with that.
    This one feels similar to the V shape on the 50's classic player strats (even though they're a 7.25 radius).

Definitely go and have a go on them, they've all been superb guitars that I've played. 
    I think peach have some used 96s in.  If you get chance try a bog oak neck one, they feel really nice.
  • steersteer Frets: 1188
    I like it. Or maybe I don't. Cant decide whether that scrachplate is the best thing that exists in the world, or is it an absolute monstrosity? 
    I think I am leaning towards the former. 

Must get an Eggle one day. 
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    That's beautiful.  The wood on the headstock is stunning.  I really love the scratch plate too.
    steer said:
    I like it. Or maybe I don't. Cant decide whether that scrachplate is the best thing that exists in the world, or is it an absolute monstrosity? 
    I think I am leaning towards the former. 

Must get an Eggle one day. 
    Yeah, I know what you mean.
    It's really tactile though, you can feel all the swirls and stuff, with little metallic bits showing through.

Definitely one to gig with, a bit of natural play wear will really suit it.
    edited April 2019
    andy1839 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    andy1839 said: 

This one feels similar to the V shape on the 50's classic player strats (even though they're a 7.25 radius).

Definitely go and have a go on them, they've all been superb guitars that I've played. 
    I think peach have some used 96s in.  If you get chance try a bog oak neck one, they feel really nice.
    That is too skinny for me, but I really should try some Eggles anyway! :)

• Lovely, like most your insane collection. Sad I didn’t bond with the one I tried!
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Fabulous guitar! I'm really liking that a lot! Very appealing indeed
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    I'm a big fan of Patricks work, that 96 is stunning. he absolutely makes some of the best instruments in the world today..... in fact im a tad addicted to his guitars.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com