Case recommendation for Les Paul Junior case wanted.

What's Hot
SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 832
Can anyone recommend a hard case for a Les Paul Junior? Preferably at the budget end: )
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
    I had a case from Kinsman which was a perfect fit for my Junior. I sold them both (together) recently else I would have been able to take some pictures
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7032
    tFB Trader
    Not budget but the SKB-56 fits a junior nice and snugly.

One of the toughest cases around too I think, best thing since the Gibson Protector.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/skb_56_les_paul.htm
  • breezytelebreezytele Frets: 273
    edited April 2019
    I’m curious to know if an  SG case would work well for a Junior...
     (ie good snug fit with good neck support)

if it does, it might help you broaden your search for a case, but I don’t know the actual answer !
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 832
    Not budget but the SKB-56 fits a junior nice and snugly.

One of the toughest cases around too I think, best thing since the Gibson Protector.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/skb_56_les_paul.htm
    Ooh er! That's chunky, like you say not budget but looks good.

I had a case from Kinsman which was a perfect fit for my Junior. I sold them both (together) recently else I would have been able to take some pictures
    The Kinsman was that the Single Cut case i.e. Les Paul case? Or was it specific for a junior?
    I’m curious to know if an  SG case would work well for a Junior...
     (ie good snug fit with good neck support)

if it does, it might help you broaden your search for a case, but I don’t know the actual answer !
    Yep, that's a point  I'll have a look at some dimensions :-) 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72392
    A customer of mine recently got a TourTech which is a perfect fit for his Junior, including the neck angle. Not *that* cheap, but looks like a good case.

One of the various Hiscox models should too, probably the SG one - the Les Paul Standard one will be for a steeper neck angle.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5050
    Can anyone recommend a hard case for a Les Paul Junior? Preferably at the budget end: )
    Single or double cut Junior?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    Good point! Single.

I'm picking up a Kinsman Single Cut (very reasonable price) case tomorrow which may do (might need a bit of further padding) but if wildly out I have to buy a Les Paul Standard. Win, win: )

Fingers crossed!
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    If that doesn’t help the 2015 juniors were shipped in a gold rectangular hard case.

One of those should do the trick if you can find a used one.

I’m not sure if they are junior specific but at the time the junior I bought survived the journey from Thomann in Germany to me in the UK. 

They are are quite expensive though on the used market.

I’ve got one but it’s currently missing in action at a well known north east luthier.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    Good point! Single.

I'm picking up a Kinsman Single Cut (very reasonable price) case tomorrow which may do (might need a bit of further padding) but if wildly out I have to buy a Les Paul Standard. Win, win: )

Fingers crossed!
    A ‘normal’ Les Paul case with a folded tee shirt under the body at the bottom end works fine. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    Good point! Single.

Fingers crossed!
    A ‘normal’ Les Paul case with a folded tee shirt under the body at the bottom end works fine. 
    Good point! Single.

Fingers crossed!
    Great, thanks
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I have my Gordon Smith in a Stagg LPLcase if that helps.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7032
    edited April 2019 tFB Trader
    Beware very cheap cases as the black dye from the fur lining can leach into the lacquer and stain your guitar.

Also there was an incident reported on here of the accessory pocket tab touching the guitar neck and damaging the lacquer.
    edited April 2019
    Thanks for the advice and comments.

@mark_jwedge Good call re the Kinsman, we picked one up for £30 and it is a perfect fit. Touches in all the right places.

SteveRobinson said: Beware very cheap cases as the black dye from the fur lining can leach into the lacquer and stain your guitar. Also there was an incident reported on here of the accessory pocket tab touching the guitar neck and damaging the lacquer.

I hope this doesn't happen with the Kinsman! In reality it shouldn't be spending too much time in the case:-)

@mark_jwedge Good call re the Kinsman, we picked one up for £30 and it is a perfect fit. Touches in all the right places.

SteveRobinson said: Beware very cheap cases as the black dye from the fur lining can leach into the lacquer and stain your guitar. Also there was an incident reported on here of the accessory pocket tab touching the guitar neck and damaging the lacquer.

I hope this doesn't happen with the Kinsman! In reality it shouldn't be spending too much time in the case:-)

I thought you wanted it for a Les Paul Junior?  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

I thought you wanted it for a Les Paul Junior?  ;)
    Yeah... ish, was long story short:-) Same dimensions in 99% of places.
  • FlattopFlattop Frets: 27
    Beware them Kinsman cases mind
    The hinges rust quickly and the particles invade pickup coils and short them out. 
    Only joking, nice case, glad u got sorted
    I bought 1 of them cheap cases on ebay and tbh its as good as any case ive had.