Alternative Case For Ric 330

IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
I’ve finally acquired a 330  =)

Just wondered if there are any decent known aftermarket cases?

I’ll probably contact Hiscox and see what they do but thought I’d see if anyone else knows of a decent alternative.

The official Ric cases vary between £200-300. Which is a bit pricey. It’s unlikely to leave the house so I’m not talking flight protection - just something that fits and tougher than a gig bag.

Cheers 
Previously known as stevebrum
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    They fit in a regular semi-acoustic case. I have used one for my 360 in the past.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72487
    The official Ric cases are not only pricey, they're not quite as strong as they look - I've seen a lot of cracked ones, and one guitar quite badly broken while in one... admittedly with some mistreatment by a courier. Unless you can find a second hand one for a sensible price - like under £100 - I wouldn't bother.

As dogload says a standard 335-size case fits.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• A 330 does however fit in standard sized Mono bags if I did need something (I already have the hardcase and a gig bag for my 330) I wouldn’t think twice about buying Mono, I have one for my bass and it’s amazing. The “Sleeve” version is great 
  • pauladspaulads Frets: 495
    My first 330 came with a PRS style case...similar to the silver vintage style ric ones...but plain/unbranded. i still have it if you're interested.

The cheaper Ric branded ones often crack at the corners...they're OK but not particularly sturdy. 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Thanks for the ideas everyone. @paulads thanks I’ll have a think and let you know if I’m interested. Cheers 
    Previously known as stevebrum