11's on a 335

SRichSRich Frets: 763
So I'm going to try 11's on my 335 and 339. Given that I may need a little tweak on the truss rod afterwards, and realising I have never done so ever.... searched for the truss rod 5/16 tool in my guitar cases and I've never had one....ever. 

Research shows there's loads of differential out there from £5 to £50....I assume they are not all born equal. 

Any recommendations?

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3325
    on my les pauls a simple small 5/16 socket will fit on the screwdriver attachment and fits fit in the pocket.  11s on a 339 - are you sure there's enough room?
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    You might find that you don't even need to touch the trussrod 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    run 11s on my 339 and all is fine.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2169
    I had 11's on my Tokai 335- straight forward enough and felt fine :)
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.