Rip Shawn Smith ( Brad, pigeonhed,Satchel)

mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
Just heard he has passed away yesterday, 5th April is not a good day for singers from Seattle ( Layne & Kurt both dying on this date) 
was lucky enough to see Brad on their first European tour and then see Shawn on his solo tour in 2015. Absolutely lovely man, beautiful voice, tremendous songwriter and strangely for an American a Cider drinker. Feel blessed to have had the chance to meet him, have a few drinks with him and strum the first chords to Black while he sung. 

https://i.imgur.com/Ih7ZsIn.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bexvb9EqS00&list=PLuABMJd3SXJH9sfBNQ8bhYBwFnOAVLwZz

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SimonCSimonC Frets: 1399
    Really sad to learn this. I was / am still a massive Brad and Satchel fan. Shawn was such a unique singer.

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1946
    edited April 2019
    Oh no

Shame was (probably still is) my favourite album of all time. Amazing voice, he made some beautiful music. I just started rewatching The Sopranos last night and they had Battleflag in the soundtrack. When he played in Nottingham about 5 years ago he used my plectrum for a couple of songs. He didn't look in great shape then.

Thank you and RIP Shawn. 
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    Lodious said:
    Oh no

Shame was (probably still is) my favourite album of all time. Amazing voice, he made some beautiful music. I just started rewatching The Sopranos last night and they had Battleflag in the soundtrack. When he played in Nottingham about 5 years ago he used my plectrum for a couple of songs. He didn't look in great shape then.

Thank you and RIP Shaun. 
    Listened to Shame today , first time I have listened to the full album for a long time, it’s fucking great 
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1946
    Lodious said:
    Oh no

Thank you and RIP Shaun. 
    Listened to Shame today , first time I have listened to the full album for a long time, it’s fucking great 
    Amen to that. Love that album from start to finish. RIP Shawn. 
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Sad news, I loved Interiors when I was younger, will dig it out today.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    :( just seen this. 

Was going to listen to some Brad today, but they're not on Spotify and my CDs are all packed up ready for moving house :(