Zoom MS-70 CDR

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12366
    joetele said:
    munckee said:
    clarkefan said:
    It's great if you're ok with fiddling.  It showed me that that I'm not, turns out I prefer stuff with a couple of knobs, dial and play, but to each their own.
    That's me out then!
    I'm not a huge fan of fiddling - I've found it OK. You can just cycle through every effect on there and most of them are at a pretty helpful starting point. And with each one you can just twiddle the dials like you would on a Boss pedal to change the sound. You can even place up to six in a chain like you would on a pedalboard. I sort of feel like if I can work it out, most can. Just depends whether you can be arsed I guess. 
    Could I flog my tremolo pedal and take up one spot on my board and have tremolo and spring reverb on at the same time without having to programme the beast first?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    munckee said:
    joetele said:
    munckee said:
    clarkefan said:
    It's great if you're ok with fiddling.  It showed me that that I'm not, turns out I prefer stuff with a couple of knobs, dial and play, but to each their own.
    That's me out then!
    I'm not a huge fan of fiddling - I've found it OK. You can just cycle through every effect on there and most of them are at a pretty helpful starting point. And with each one you can just twiddle the dials like you would on a Boss pedal to change the sound. You can even place up to six in a chain like you would on a pedalboard. I sort of feel like if I can work it out, most can. Just depends whether you can be arsed I guess. 
    Could I flog my tremolo pedal and take up one spot on my board and have tremolo and spring reverb on at the same time without having to programme the beast first?
    You can certainly chain the effects how you want - basically you start with one effect as your first (usually Line Selector), then hold down the left arrow to select the second, and so on - until you get up to six in a row (depending upon how much memory space is taken up as some effects are a bit more complex sonically). The up and down arrows scroll through the effect. It's simple really, I know some go deep into patch editing etc but I basically use it as a separate mini pedalboard in one stompbox. Maybe someone can lend you theirs or a shop can let you try one? 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12366
    Sounds more promising @joetele : )

How are the spring reverb and tremolo in terms of sound quality, I'm just after those sounds, maybe hall occasionally.  Are they comparable with stand alone pedals?
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    munckee said:

How are the spring reverb and tremolo in terms of sound quality, I'm just after those sounds, maybe hall occasionally.  Are they comparable with stand alone pedals?
    I've not really delved into those myself, I really like the reverse reverb though, and the bitcrusher sounds as good as a £200 pedal in itself too. I also like the Slicer which saves another £200 on a Boss Slicer. 

I think there are demos on Youtube that cycle through every available effect? 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    munckee said:

yes. I have a BigSky and a Source Audio trem but the little Zoom's verbs and tremolo are perfectly good. It's a doddle to set up a patch with a spring (of which there are two or three varieties, all tweakable for dwell and mix and such) and a trem on at once. Great little pedal