Using a Combo with a Cab? Proper basic question.

paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3065
edited April 2019 in Amps
The amount of years I've been faffing about kidding myself I can play, I've never put a Combo through a sepatate cab......I have a Marshall Origin 20 Combo (16ohm) and a Jet City JCA20V head which I put through an old Marshall 1x12 which is 8ohm.
The Marshall handbook leaflet thing says I can plug an 8ohm speaker into the 8ohm socket on the Combo, but it doesn't say whether I should unplug the speaker lead from the 16ohm speaker in the combo....so should I run it with both speakers conmected or just through the extension cab, feels so basic, but I've never done it before...
Incidentally the Jet City JCA20V  head sounds remarkebly close to Origin 20, close enough that Joe Punter down the Dog and Duck wouldnt notice...half the price too!

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72573
    Unless plugging a cable into the 8-ohm socket automatically switches off the internal speaker, don't use both at once.

Either automatically switching or not is possible, Marshall sometimes have an odd approach to speaker connection logic.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom