Patrick James Eggle Acoustics

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11896
    Fifty9 said:
    Bit of a left field option appeared yesterday. A Gibson J45 AG walnut with cutaway.

It’s the J45 type I’m after which led me to the PJE Kanuga and this post. Anyhow, what’re the views on here of those that have tried them. And it’s back to my original budget of 1k for a mint one.
    Cheers all
    for used Gibson and Martins, try Frailers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Atkin Atkin Atkin... Once you have met he guys and visited the workshop and watched the videos and played the guitar you simply know that this is a company searching for the holy grail.
    Then you play all the other brands coda have in stock and you realise atkin are really quite meh
    In what respect?
    So my biggest judge was the sound. In the price range I always found that a rival Martin or Taylor sounded better, played better and had a nicer voicing. 
    Perhaps it was a bad batch, I cant say for sure. I tried 5 or 6 of them and I was honestly underwhelmed. YMMV and all that jazz. 
    I think I tried Atkin and can't remember any strong opinion

Just to calibrate your statement, what other brands have you tried against Martin and Taylor? I can think of half a dozen brands that are way better
    A lot of Gibson's, several collings, several lowden, a few national, several fischer, a top end breedlove (that sounded like a cannon), Yamaha, a few guilds etc

I think you've kind of summed it up, you can't remember having a strong opinion of them. They're nothing ground breaking.

To be honest I didn't think much to the collings I tried either, controversial I know.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5422
    Peach have a deal on Atkins at the moment - free Fishman pickup on any new one in stock...