Fender Chris Stapelton Princeton...mind the gap!

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13958
edited April 2019 in Amps
The gap between the faceplate and the grille is horrible, see at 29 seconds in the video below. It's not really acceptable at this level is it? You don't see a Boogie with such a gap...or a Rift amp for that matter!

Sounds nice though, like a Princeton should.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31650
    I put tilt back legs on my Princeton but the apex that produces inside the cab traps heat, making the front panel too hot to touch. 

The gap may look shoddy, but the bigger the better as far as I'm concerned!
  • Does sound very nice... managed to find a video where someone had one dimed with a strat and it was fantastic as well. Sorely tempted. The tremolo adds a nice swampiness when things are cooking and a nice shimmer when it’s backed off.

Don't suppose anyone has any clips of one or similar being pushed by a Les Paul?

Wouldn't mind a good clip of what Rift can do either, kinda feel like a 6g2 or 6g3 type might just be what I’m looking for as a grab and go and small gig amp but struggling to find examples and options.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6101
    Certainly very noticeable -

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3175
    tFB Trader

Wouldn't mind a good clip of what Rift can do either, kinda feel like a 6g2 or 6g3 type might just be what I’m looking for as a grab and go and small gig amp but struggling to find examples and options.
    My one has spring reverb added. Danish Pete has the 35w version, Lee has the 6w. The 18w is the most popular though.

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    edited April 2019
    RiftAmps said:

My one has spring reverb added. Danish Pete has the 35w version, Lee has the 6w. The 18w is the most popular though.

Your one has no gap! Back to the workshop with it
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13958
    That gap is horrible and is a design error on the manufacturers parts tolerance, either the control plate or the grille, easily avoided and corrected with proper quality control and should not be there.

The Rift amps are perfect. 

• kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    Id probably want to put some shims on top of chassis between  the bolts so the gap is at top of panel and less visable. Shouldn't have to do that though so aye shoddy!
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24848
    That gap is horrible and is a design error on the manufacturers parts tolerance, either the control plate or the grille, easily avoided and corrected with proper quality control and should not be there.

Is the @RandallFlagg Signature Rift Princeton soon to be a thing?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13958

Is the @RandallFlagg Signature Rift Princeton soon to be a thing?
    No, I'm skint, eyes bigger than wallet at present after blowing out on the limited edition Les Paul Goldtop.

I woud love a Rift brownface Princeton though, I think a good Princeton could be my end of gas lifer spiritual home amp. The Mesa Boogie may yet end up in the classifieds!

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9600

Spot on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom