Auto tune

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WhistlerWhistler Frets: 322
    Melodyne and Auto Tune both start at $99 for entry versions and prices rise for fuller versions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Whistler said:
    Melodyne and Auto Tune both start at $99 for entry versions and prices rise for fuller versions.
    Cheers Whistler! :)
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9789
    edited April 2019
    I've used the oney you get included with Cubase quite a lot on stuff I've recorded, though on the usual "mild setting" I forget exactly where and by listening back I can't really tell where I did or not. Which I think is a good thing as it means it's either nice and subtle or my vocals are not awful to start with...

I also use it a lot for an octave up effect which I pan hard left or right with a bit of Reverb on it which gives a nice effect combined with the dry vocals. Sounds awful by itself though
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • I've used the oney you get included with Cubase quite a lot on stuff I've recorded, though on the usual "mild setting" I forget exactly where and by listening back I can't really tell where I did or not. Which I think is a good thing as it means it's either nice and subtle or my vocals are not awful to start with...

I also use it a lot for an octave up effect which I pan hard left or right with a bit of Reverb on it which gives a nice effect combined with the dry vocals. Sounds awful by itself though
    That sounds interesting, Colour. :)

I would definitely need autotune on my vocals every time I sing and I think the old adage 'you can't polish a turd' would come into play with my vox and autotuning. Haha!! :D
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9789
    edited April 2019
    I've used the oney you get included with Cubase quite a lot on stuff I've recorded, though on the usual "mild setting" I forget exactly where and by listening back I can't really tell where I did or not. Which I think is a good thing as it means it's either nice and subtle or my vocals are not awful to start with...

That sounds interesting, Colour.

I would definitely need autotune on my vocals every time I sing and I think the old adage 'you can't polish a turd' would come into play with my vox and autotuning. Haha!! D
    This one definitely has both the "always on mild setting" on the main vocals as it was too low for me, but also has splashes of the octave up effect - obviously there is the bits in the middle of the verses which is quite prominent but it's also on the choruses which I think is a bit harder to hear without headphones:

Also non too subtle on the octave effect on this one:

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thank you for sharing examples, Colourbox! :) Nice guitars in tracks. :)
  • Thank you for sharing examples, Colourbox! Nice guitars in tracks.